Looking for a spooky and delicious treat for Halloween? These fun and festive Brain Brownies are made to look like zombies’ brains, making them the perfect addition to any Halloween party. They’re also super easy to make. This is an ideal treat for the kids because they get to play with fondant as they would play with play dough. Simply bake, mold, and eat.
Zombie Brain Brownies
These Zombie Brain Brownies cups are the perfect treat for your Halloween party, at home, or at school. They look just like zombies’ brains, and they’re delicious too! Guests will love these spooky brownies cups. Serve them to your guests and watch them disappear!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cornstarch: This will be brushed into the mold to make it easier to remove the white fondant.
Food Coloring Gel: You will need neon green food coloring gel. Using gel compared to liquid food coloring works the best.
Brownie Mix: You can use a boxed brownie mix or make your own homemade recipe.
White Chocolate Chips: These will be combined with the heavy whipping cream to make a ganache for the brownies:
Corn Syrup: This will be added on top of the brains to make them sweet and shiny.
Supplies You’ll Need
Brain Mold: You can buy a fondant brain mold by clicking the link. This way you can get the perfect brain shape for these brownies.
Soft Cake Painting Brush: You can buy a painting brush by clicking the link. This will make certain steps easier for you.
How To Make Zombie Brain Brownies
Step 1. Take the fondant out of the package and use the cornstarch to dust your hands before working the fondant until it becomes soft. Place an indent in the middle of the fondant and add a couple of drops of the neon green food coloring and is working the color into the fondant until fully incorporated. Dust the brain mold with cornstarch using the painting brush. Separate about 3 tablespoons of fondant and place into the prepared mold. Gently take the fondant out of the mold. Use a silicone mat to line a cookie sheet and place the fondant onto the sheet pan. Continue molding the fondant brains until you have 11 more brains. Let the brains air fryer overnight for best results.
Step 2. Place a couple of drops of the food coloring into the corn syrup and combine. Dip the smaller painting brush into the corn syrup and brush onto the fondant brains carefully. Place the brains aside while you make the brownies.
Step 3. Use the directions on the brownie box to bake and make the brownies. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use non-stick spray to grease a mini cupcake pan. Add the prepared brownie batter into each cupcake cavity about 3-4 of the way full. Place in the oven for 28 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the middle of the brownies comes out clean. Take the brownies out of the oven and allow them to cool thoroughly.
Step 4. Add the heavy whipping cream into a small pot to simmer before adding a few drops of food coloring and mixing with a whisk. Place the white chocolate chips in a bowl and add the hot cream and allow it to sit in the chocolate chips for 2 minutes before combining with a whisk until smooth. Take the brownies out of the pan and top with 2 tablespoons of the ganache. Place one of the fondant brains in the middle of each brownie. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Make Homemade Brownies For Zombie Brain Brownies?
I am using a brownie mix for this recipe just to save time. However, you can easily make homemade brownies. My go-to brownie mix is this simple Valentine’s Day Brownies recipe. The recipe is a basic brownie recipe that, in this case, has been decorated for Valentine’s Day. Use this recipe to make the mini brownies and then add the brains on top.
Tips for Using Fondant:
Fondant is a type of icing that can be rolled out and molded into shapes. It’s often used to decorate cakes and cupcakes. You can find it in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
When working with fondant, be sure to keep your work surface and hands clean and dusted with powdered sugar or cornstarch. This will prevent the fondant from sticking and tearing.
To color fondant, you can use food coloring gels or liquids. Squeeze a small amount of gel onto a plate and knead it into the fondant until it’s fully incorporated.
When rolling out fondant, be sure to use a rolling pin dusted with powdered sugar or cornstarch. This will prevent the fondant from sticking to the rolling pin and tearing.
To mold the fondant into brains, simply roll it into a ball and then press it into the mold.
More Halloween Recipes:
Zombie Brain Brownies
- Remove the fondant from the package and dust hands with cornstarch
- Work the fondant until soft
- Make an indent in the center of the fondant and add in a few drops of neon green gel food coloring
- Work the food coloring into the fondant until completely dyed
- Using the painting brush, dust the inside of the mold with cornstarch
- Pinch off about 3 tablespoons of fondant and press into the mold
- Carefully remove the fondant from the mold and place it onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat
- Repeat steps for 11 more brains
- Allow the fondant brains to air dry overnight
- Mix in a few drops of the neon green food coloring into the corn syrup
- Using the smaller brush, dip it into the corn syrup and gently brush it over the brains
- Set aside while you make the brownies
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the mini cupcake pan with baking spray
- Fill each cavity ¾ way full
- Bake in the oven for 28-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Whisk in a few drops of the neon green food coloring
- Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate chips in a bowl
- Allow sitting for 2 minutes before whisking until smooth
- Remove the brownie from the pan
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of ganache onto the top of the brownies and carefully place the fondant brain in the center of the ganache
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 brain fondant mold
- Mini cupcake pan
- Soft cake painting brush amazon