My youngest turned 5 yesterday! We are having a “Monkey Party” for him this weekend, but we wanted to make him a special monkey snack on his actual birthday. We came up with these super cute Banana Nut Monkey Muffins and these take minutes to make. He loved these so much!
Banana Nut Monkey Muffins
- Banana Nut Muffin Mix (we used Betty Crocker)
- Banana or Plantain Chips
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Make your muffins according to the package directions.
- Cool completely after baking.
- Attach a banana chip on the bottom front using peanut butter.
- Break a banana chip in half.
- Cut slits in the sides of the muffin and press in the banana chip halves for ears.
- Cut the ends off of a mini marshmallow using kitchen scissors and attach them above the nose for eyes using peanut butter.
- Add on mini chocolate chips for pupils and a nose.
- Use a toothpick to add a little bit of peanut butter to the chocolate jimmies to make a mouth.
Here is a close up of the face…
Here is my now 5 year old making his silly monkey sounds…
We love this kid so very much and they just grow up way too fast. Happy Happy Birthday to my little monkey!!
If you like our Banana Nut Monkey Muffins for Kids…make sure to check out our other fun Breakfast & Silly Snack ideas for Kids!