I came up with this super easy Monkey Birthday Cake using cookies to decorate and this takes just minutes to make!
My youngest turned 5 this past week and wanted a big monkey themed party at our house, but we have had the craziest schedule with the boys going back to school. I just really didn’t have time to have a big party this year for him…so he picked out his favorite pizza place and invited some close friends for Go Karts. I had so many cute monkey food ideas, but will just have to share those later on.
Easy Monkey Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Large Marshmallow
- 4 Jumbo Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips (jumbo or regular)
- Chocolate Cookie Icing
- Make 2 round cakes according to the package directions. Let the cakes cool.
- Make your cookie mix according to the package directions and shape 1 very large cookie and 2 other large cookies.
- Bake about 5 to 10 minutes longer then the directions.
- Cut off one side of the 2 large cookies using a knife.
- Cool and then place the chocolate chips in the microwave until melted.
- Spread the chocolate on back of the cookies.
- Press on 2 popsicle sticks on the sides like this…
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator until set.
- Using the hardened chocolate will keep the cookies from breaking.
- Make your chocolate frosting or use store bought.
- Place your frosted cake on a large plate.
- Add the cookie ears on the sides and the extra large cookie on the bottom top.
- Cut the large marshmallow in half and place the halves above the cookie.
- Add on the jumbo chocolate chips for the pupils and nose using frosting.
- Add a mouth using your chocolate cookie icing.