These 2 Ingredient Bagels, also known as Greek yogurt bagels, are quick and easy to prepare in the Air Fryer or Oven. Not to mention healthier than traditional bagels!
Table of Contents
- Easy 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Why You’ll Love These Greek Yogurt Bagels
- What You’ll Need For 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Topping Ideas
- Make Your Own Self Rising Flour
- How to Make 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Air Fryer Bagels
- Tips for Success
- Serving Suggestions For 2 Ingredient Bagels
- Proper Storage
- More Breakfast Recipes
- Get the Recipe
Easy 2 Ingredient Bagels
If you love bagels, you’re going to love these two ingredient bagels. They’re the perfect hack for when you want fresh bagels, fast, or you’re just looking for a healthier option. This homemade bagel recipe is weight watchers approved!
As the name suggestions, you’ll need just 2 ingredients to make these – self rising flour and Greek yogurt. I also add some seasoning on top but that’s truly optional. The Greek yogurt adds lots of protein and a bit of a tangy flavor.
The texture, as you probably expect, is not exactly like a classic bagel. It’s just not possible to get that chewy texture with these two ingredients BUT it’s pretty close! These will definitely satisfy a bagel craving.
Why You’ll Love These Greek Yogurt Bagels
Here are a few reasons to love these two ingredient bagels.
- Just 2 ingredients. Yes, that had to be the first reason on the last. The best reason to love these bagels is definitely that you need just 2 ingredients to make them – plus whatever seasonings you like
- Healthier than other bagels. These Greek yogurt bagels have the benefit of being healthier than other bagels, thanks to the limited ingredient list and protein of the Greek yogurt.
- Quick to prepare. There’s no need to allow rise time for the dough and this easy bagel recipe takes just 20 minutes to bake, so you can have fresh bagels in just over 30 minutes, anytime you want them.
What You’ll Need For 2 Ingredient Bagels
Here is the incredibly short ingredient list! Be sure to check the recipe card below for measurements.
- Self rising flour – Very important since we’re not adding other leavening agents. All-purpose flour will not work. See below on how to make your own.
- Greek yogurt – I used Fage Total Greek Yogurt but any Greek yogurt will work.
- Milk – Brushed on top to help the seasonings stick.
- Toppings – See below.
I mention poppy seeds and everything bagel seasoning in the recipe but you can add anything you’d like. Here are some ideas:
Make Your Own Self Rising Flour
Self rising flour is key to making these Greek yogurt bagels. Otherwise, they won’t rise at all during baking.
However, if you don’t want to buy self rising flour just to try these, you do have an option.
To make self rising flour at home, simple combine 2 cups of all purpose flour, a tablespoon of baking soda, and a teaspoon of sea salt in a large bowl. Stir well to combine and use in the recipe.
How to Make 2 Ingredient Bagels
These two ingredient bagels are so simple to make. You’ll find yourself whipping them up all the time.
- Make the dough. Combine the self rising flour and Greek yogurt until it begins to form a dough in a mixing bowl. Add more Greek yogurt 1/4 cup at a time if needed to reach the appropriate consistency.
- Knead the dough. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth, sprinkling on more flour if the dough is sticky.
- Form the bagels. Divide the dough into 8 balls and use your thumb to create a hole in the center of each one. Flatten each dough ball slightly with your hands.
- Bake. Place the bagels on a prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk and add your desired seasonings. Bake for 20 minutes, until the bagels are golden brown.
Air Fryer Bagels
Another way to prepare this recipe is to cook bagels in the air fryer.
- Prepare dough as instructed for baking. Place bagel in air fryer and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle everything seasoning and/or poppy seeds on the bagels.
- Bake at 350 degrees in the air fryer for 15 minutes (full instructions in recipe box below).
Tips for Success
Here are a few helpful tips for making these two ingredient bagels.
- Use a thick Greek yogurt. You can use any Greek yogurt you want but make sure that it’s a thick consistency. Thin yogurt will make the dough too thin.
- Add more Greek yogurt if needed. If the dough mixture is not sticking together, you can add more Greek yogurt 1/4 cup at a time until it becomes the right consistency to work with.
- Make sure the hole is big enough. Make sure when putting a hole in the dough to make it wide enough so the hole doesn’t close up during baking.
- Can I use different types of yogurt? Greek yogurt, whether full fat or non fat, is the best option. Plain yogurt gives the dough a completely different texture and makes it difficult to work with – plus you lose the added protein.
Serving Suggestions For 2 Ingredient Bagels
I love to enjoy these bagels warm with some butter or cream cheese, for a quick and easy breakfast. You can also turn them into a breakfast sandwiches by adding some eggs, cheese, and breakfast meat.
- Fridge. Greek yogurt bagels will last for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Freezer. You can also freeze these, once they’ve cooled completely. Just place them in a ziploc bag. Thaw in the fridge.
- Reheat. The best way to reheat a bagel is in the toaster but the microwave and toaster oven work too.
More Breakfast Recipes
2 Ingredient Bagels (Air Fryer or Oven)
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups Fage Total Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- poppy seeds optional
- Everything bagel seasoning optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine self rising flour and greek yogurt until mixture starts forming a dough ball. If the mixture is not sticking together, you can add more greek yogurt ¼ cup at a time until it becomes the right consistency.
- Lightly flour your working surface and move dough to the surface. Knead the dough by hand until the dough is smooth. You can sprinkle more flour on the dough if it is sticky.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Using your thumb poke a hole in the middle of each ball. Using your hand, flatten each dough ball slightly.
- Place each bagel onto the cookie sheet. Brush the top of each bagel with milk and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the bagels are golden brown.
- Serve warm or let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Place the bagels into an air fryer that has been sprayed with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk one egg white and use a pastry brush to brush the egg on the bagel. Sprinkle everything seasoning and/or poppy seeds on the bagels.
- Bake at 350 degrees in the air fryer for 15 minutes. Check on them while cooking as some air fryer cook times may vary.