Made with gruyere cheese and bacon, these Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites make a quick and easy breakfast. Perfect for enjoying with your morning coffee!
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
We’re a Starbucks family, as you may have guessed from our variety of Starbucks recipes – cake pops, lemon loaf cake, cranberry bliss bars, and caramel macchiato just to name a few. We love their breakfast menu too, especially the bacon and gruyere egg bites, so I had to try making them at home.
These copycat Starbucks egg bites taste just like the coffee shop version, with an ingredient that may surprise you! They’re easy to prepare, have the perfect texture and freeze well, which makes them great for those busy mornings when you need breakfast on the go.
Why You’ll Love These Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites
Here are a few reasons this has become one of our go-to breakfast recipes.
- Quick and easy. All you need to do is combine the ingredients, pour into a muffin pan, and bake. Breakfast can be ready in just 30 minutes.
- Customizable. While this is for classic bacon and gruyere egg bites, you can easily customize them to your preferences using the ingredients you have on hand.
- Freezer friendly. These egg bites freeze well, which means you can easily make extras to keep on hand for those busy weekday mornings!
What You’ll Need
These copycat Starbucks egg bites are made with just 4 main ingredients. See below for measurements.
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled.
- Cottage cheese – This may seem like a surprise ingredient for an egg bites recipe but it’s part of what makes these so good!
- Gruyere cheese – Gruyere is what Starbucks uses and offers great flavor but feel free to substitute other types of cheese.
- Salt & black pepper
While this recipe makes the popular Starbucks Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites, there are also so many other variations you can make. Here are a few ideas.
- Use egg whites. You can make egg white bites by subbing liquid egg whites in for the eggs or separating the yolks and eggs yourself.
- Use a different meat. Diced ham or breakfast sausage will work well in place of bacon.
- Add some veggies. Sauteed spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, green onion, and red bell pepper make great additions to these egg bites.
- Switch up the cheese. Feel free to use any shredded cheese like, monterey jack cheese, cheddar, feta cheese, swiss cheese, etc…
- Make them vegetarian. For vegetarian egg bites, simply omit the bacon.
How To Make Starbucks Egg Bites
Here’s how to make this Starbucks copycat recipe in a few easy steps.
- Combine the ingredients. Blend the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper until combined. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the gruyere.
- Add the bacon. Transfer to greased muffin tins (or silicone egg molds), filling each one 2/3 full. Place cooked bacon on top of the mixture.
- Bake. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Enjoy. Remove from the muffin pan, allow to cool, and enjoy.
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips for making this Starbucks egg bite recipe.
- Do not overfill the muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup just 3/4 of the way full. If you fill it completely, the egg will rise over the top and spill over.
- Grease the muffin pan. Use non-stick spray before adding the eggs so that they’re easy to remove.
- Avoid overbaking. Start checking the eggs around 20 minutes, as ovens do vary. If you overcook the eggs, they can become rubbery.
- Try silicone pans. While most people use regular muffin pans, silicone muffin tins work great also with this recipe.
How to Store & Reheat
- Store. Refrigerate any extra egg bites in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Reheat. Remove from the fridge and reheat egg bites in the microwave for 45 seconds. Be sure not to overheat them, as they can become rubbery.
Can You Freeze Egg Bites?
Egg bites are great to make ahead of time and freeze for easy meal prep. Once they have cooled, place in a freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat in the microwave the next morning.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Best Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Egg Cups
- Breakfast Burritos (Freezer-Friendly)
- Easy Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
Starbucks Egg Bites
- 6 large eggs
- 5 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cup gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and sit aside.
- In a blender combine eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper and blend until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and mix in gruyere cheese.
- Fill muffin tins (or silicone molds) ⅔ full with mixture and place cooked bacon on top of egg mixture.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Watch egg bites starting at the 20 minute mark.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove egg bites from muffin tin and serve warm.