These Baileys Fudge Truffles are absolutely amazing. Featuring a Bailey’s flavor, these fudge truffles have great flavor. Rich and decadent, these truffles are sure to be an amazing dessert. Give these truffles as a gift for friends and family or enjoy them with a cup of Irish Coffee.
Baileys Fudge Truffles Recipe
Truffles are a very special kind of dessert. With a decadent filling, some truffles are coated with chocolate or in this case, it is coated with a chocolate powder dusting. Truffles are rich because of the high fat content, and they are sweet without being too sweet to enjoy.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Heavy whipping cream – This adds a richness to these truffles. You want to use heavy cream and not half and half or milk.
- Bittersweet chocolate chips – Bittersweet chocolate chips are perfect because it cuts some of the richness from the truffles while still giving an amazing chocolate flavor.
- Unsalted butter – You want the butter to be unsalted. You don’t need the salt in this recipe.
- Bailey’s Irish cream– While this is an alcoholic, you only need a small amount. This keeps the alcoholic levels in each almost nonexistent. If you prefer an alcohol free option, you can use Bailey’s Irish Cream coffee creamer
- Hershey Cocoa Powder – This is what the truffles get coated with at the end.
How to Make Bailey’s Fudge Truffles
Heat the heavy cream on the stove and place the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl.
Once the heavy cream is heated to the point of steaming, pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes.
Stir it together to melt the chips and it becomes smooth.
Then add the butter and Bailey’s cream.
Line a 8×8 square dish with parchment paper
Stir it well and add it to the prepared dish and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
Take the ganache mixture out of the refrigerator and scoop the ganache mixture.
Then roll each scoop into a ball.
Place the ball onto a baking sheet.
Add cocoa powder to a bowl and roll each ball into the cocoa powder.
Place the coated truffle onto the cookie sheet and enjoy.
How Long Can You Store Homemade Truffles?
When you store these homemade truffles at room temperature, they will last for about 2 weeks. If you store the truffles in the refrigerator, which I recommend, the truffles will last up to 6 months.
Are These Truffles Gluten Free?
While the ingredients in these truffles are gluten free, there might be a risk of cross contamination from where they were packaged. You will want to check the packaging.
More Truffle Recipes
I adore truffles. They are everything you can want in a treat. If you love truffle,s you will love these other truffle recipes.
- Boozy Christmas Chocolate Truffles
- Animal Cookie Truffles
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
- Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
Baileys Fudge Truffles Recipe
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C 72% bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 4 tbsp Bailey’s Irish cream
- 2 C Hershey Cocoa Powder
- Line a 8x8 square dish with parchment paper
- Using a small pot, simmer the heavy whipping cream over the stove on medium to high heat
- Place the chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream has simmered, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow mixture to sit for 2 minutes then whisk until smooth
- Stir in with a rubber spatula the butter and Baileys until smooth
- Spread the ganache into the pan and smooth evenly
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Using a melon baller, scoop out some gananch and roll in your hands to form a ball
- Place onto a cookie sheet line with a slipmat
- Scoop 2 C Cocoa powder into a large bowl
- Drop the ganache ball into the bowl and coat the ball
- Place ball back onto the cookie sheet and repeat until all of the ganache has been rolled and coated