Made with 6 simple ingredients, this Homemade Baileys Irish Cream is perfect for adding to your morning coffee, cocktails, and desserts. An easy copycat recipe!
Easy Homemade Baileys Recipe
If you love Baileys over ice, in your coffee, Baileys chocolate truffles, or any dessert with Irish cream, you’re going to love this homemade Baileys recipe!
This recipe tastes just like the bottle of Baileys you’d buy at the store and yet it’s made with just 6 ingredients. You’ll just need things like heavy cream, whiskey, coffee granules, and chocolate syrup. The final result is rich and creamy, just like the real deal.
I’ll never say no to a splash of Baileys in my coffee but I actually love to bake with it too! This recipe is perfect for things like truffles, Baileys cheesecake cake, and Baileys mint cookies. We also like to package this with cute glass bottles for Christmas gifts.
Why You’ll Love Homemade Irish Cream
Once you make this recipe, you’ll never need to buy a bottle of Baileys again!
- Just 6 ingredients. Most of them are pantry staples too, so you may be able to whip this up without a trip to the story.
- Rich and creamy. Thanks to the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk, this liqueur is perfectly rich and creamy.
- So many ways to use it. From coffee and boozy hot chocolate to cakes, cookies, and more, you’ll never run out of ways to use this Irish cream.
What Is Baileys Irish Cream?
Baileys Irish Cream is a popular liqueur made with cream, cocoa, whiskey, and coffee. It’s rich and creamy with hints of coffee, chocolate, and vanilla.
While it’s commonly added to coffee (aka Irish Coffee), it can also be added to other drinks and desserts.
Homemade Baileys Ingredients
This Homemade Baileys Irish Cream recipe is made with just 6 ingredients, all of which are basic and easy to find. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Heavy whipping cream – Half n half can also be used but the final result won’t be as rich and creamy.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Helps to make the liqueur sweet and creamy.
- Instant coffee granules – This adds the coffee flavor to the liqueur.
- Chocolate syrup – Use Hershey’s or your other favorite brand.
- Vanilla extract – Adds another layer of flavor.
- Jameson whiskey – Jameson is the most popular Irish whiskey but you can substitute it with any whiskey you prefer.
How to Make Homemade Baileys
It takes about 5 minutes to prepare homemade Irish cream.
- Blend the ingredients. Pulse all ingredients except for the whiskey in a blender.
- Add the whiskey. Add the whiskey and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Store. Transfer to glass bottles and store in the fridge.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few helpful tips for making homemade Baileys Irish cream.
- Pulse only a few times. Both before and after adding the whiskey, you just want to pulse the mixture a few times to combine the ingredients. If you pulse too fast or too long, it can curdle.
- Where can I get the bottles? I purchased the sealable glass bottles for storing homemade Irish cream on Amazon.
- Adjust the amounts. You can adjust the ratios for this to your liking, such as adding more whiskey for a stronger liqueur.
- Add a stronger coffee flavor. To get more coffee flavor, try adding espresso powder instead of instant coffee. Also you could add a sprinkle espresso powder also to the instant coffee granules to bring up the coffee flavor.
Ways to Use Baileys Irish Cream
The most common way to use Baileys is on the rocks, as shown in the photos, or by adding it to your coffee. However, it can be added to other cocktails and drinks as well. It also makes a fun twist to different desserts like cakes, cupcakes, brownies, frosting, shakes and more!
Here are some desserts we love to use homemade Baileys in:
- Baileys hot chocolate
- Boozy frappucino
- Chocolate Baileys poke cake
- Irish cream cookies
- Baileys Irish Cream Cake
How Long Will This Last?
Thanks to the whiskey, homemade Bailey Irish Cream will last in the refrigerator for 1-2 months in sanitized and tight-sealed glass bottles.
More Cocktails To Try
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
- In a blender add in heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup, instant coffee, and vanilla.
- Pulse only a few times to mix the mixture. Be sure not to pulse too fast or too long.
- Add in Jameson Whiskey to the blender and pulse a few times. The idea is to make sure the mixture is mixed through without curdling the mixture.
- Transfer mixture to glass bottles that will seal very well. Store in the refrigerator.