Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles is the best dessert ever for those of us that love eating cookie dough right out of the container! Eat it the safe way with this recipe.
Cookies are delicious, but cookie dough? So good! We have a really great recipe for Eggless Cookie Dough you can eat with a spoon. It’s delicious. Also, we’ve got some yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
This no-bake recipe is going to quickly become a dessert staple in your house. Delicious edible cookie dough dipped in chocolate is a recipe everyone loves.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Brown Sugar
- Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Almond Bark
How To Make Cookie Dough Truffles
- First, heat treat your flour and add salt. If you’ve never done this before, it’s important for a recipe that is no-bake but also containers flour. Flour can contain bacteria and it should be heated before consuming. See below for directions.
- Next up, mix butter, sugars and vanilla so it is light and fluffy. Slowly add in your cream and then the flour.
- Once that is all combined and ready to go, put the chocolate chips in last. Then, put it in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours
- After the dough has set, you can go ahead and form them into small, bite-sized balls. Melt your chocolate in the microwave and add a bit of heavy cream to thin it out. Dip the dough balls in the chocolate and place them back in the fridge to set.
- You can keep these ready to eat for about a week if they’re in an air-tight container and refrigerated.
IS IT SAFE TO EAT RAW FLOUR?
Consuming raw flour can possibly cause foodborne illness in case if the flour contains bacteria that cause disease, according to a warning from the U. S. Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It is best to heat treat the flour before consuming.
HOW DO YOU HEAT-TREAT FLOUR?
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread flour in an even layer.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, use a thermometer to check that the flour reached 160F (72C) immediately after removing from oven.
- Once flour has reached 160F (72C) allow it to cool and run it through a sifter to break up any clumps that may have formed while baking.
- Place the flour in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high, stopping at 15-20 second intervals and stirring the flour well for a total of 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool.
Can I make This Gluten Free?
To make gluten free edible cookie dough, simply replace the regular flour with gluten free flour blend. The consistency is different so you may need to adjust slightly to reach the desired consistency.
Can I Freeze Cookie Dough Truffles?
Yes, you can freeze these for up to three months. You can either freeze the dough plain and wait to coat it in chocolate later, or freeze it after they’re made.
More Truffle Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Place the flour in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 2 minutes on high, stopping at 15 second intervals, and stirring the flour well.
- Remove from the microwave, add salt, and stir well. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar and Vanilla, until light and fluffy.
- Add the heavy cream, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture, and mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Add the chocolate chips, and fold into the cookie dough.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
- After the dough is chilled, remove from the refrigerator, and roll into small balls, and 2 inches, and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place the chocolate almond bark or melting chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 10 second intervals until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Stir well, and add a teaspoon of heavy cream to the chocolate.
- Place back in the microwave, and melt at 10 second intervals, stirring well.
- When the chocolate is melted, remove from microwave, and stir again, to make sure chocolate and cream are well combined.
- Dip the cookie dough balls in the chocolate, coating them, and place them back on the parchment paper.
- When all the cookie dough balls have been dipped in chocolate, place the cookie sheet back in the refrigerator, for about an hour for the chocolate to set.
- Place the cookie dough balls in an airtight container, and keep refrigerated for up to 7 days. Enjoy!