Try out these amazing Homemade Strawberry Donut Hole Recipe, you won’t be sorry. These cute little pink donut holes are the perfect donut to start your day. You will not believe how easy these homemade donuts are to make.
Strawberry Donut Hole Recipe
These strawberry donut holes are super easy to make and don’t take too long to prep and cook. This recipe is so good and has a tasty strawberry flavor made with pureed strawberries. This recipe is also topped with a delicious glaze. This donut recipe is super good and these other amazing recipes could light up your morning as well. This Easy Lemon Donut Holes recipe or Vanilla Cream Filled Donuts recipe are other super easy donut recipes.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for this recipe for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This will help your donuts rise and form.
- Sugar- Every dessert-like recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Milk- You will use almond milk for this recipe but can use whole or 2%.
- Yogurt- You can use greek or regular yogurt for this recipe.
- Egg- Use the egg at room temperature.
- Butter- This will need to be unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Extract- You will need vanilla and almond extract, and be sure to use the pure extract to have the best flavoring.
- Strawberries- These will need to be pureed.
- Powdered Sugar- This is the best sugar for a homemade glaze.
- Heavy Cream- This will help with consistency.
How to Make Donut Holes
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Use pam to grease a mini 24 count muffin pan.
Add the flour, baking powder, and white sugar into a large bowl and combine.
Add the melted butter, milk, almond extract, vanilla, egg, and yogurt into a second bowl and combine.
Use your fingers or a spoon to make a well into the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients.
Combine carefully until the batter becomes thick.
Evenly fill up each of the muffin sections with batter about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
Place the muffin tin into the preheated oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
Begin to make your glaze.
Puree the strawberries with either a blender or food processor.
Combine the heavy cream and powdered sugar into a bowl and adding another cup of powdered sugar if the mixture is too watery.
The consistency of the icing all depends on if you want a soft or stiff glaze.
Dunk the finished donut holes into the glaze either the whole thing or half.
Let the glaze harden before applying a second coat.
Serve and enjoy!
Do This Donut Hold Recipe use a Glaze?
These donuts do have a tasty glaze on them. This glaze is a mixture of heavy cream and powdered sugar. You dip your donuts twice into the glaze for a delicious sugary outer layer.
Are these baked or fried?
These donut holes are baked to perfection. The strawberry butter is placed in a muffin tin and popped into the oven to bake. After they are done, they are dipped into the glaze, and then they are done.
More Donut recipes:
Strawberry Donut Hole Recipe
- 1/8 cup strawberries pureed (about 3 big strawberries)
- 2-3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together.
- In a second bowl, mix melted butter with milk, almond and vanilla extracts, egg, and yogurt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Gently mix in the chopped strawberries, until just combined. The batter will be thick.
- Disperse batter into muffin tins evenly, about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the glaze, puree strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Mix with cream and 2 cups of powdered sugar, adding an additional cup of powdered sugar if
- the consistency is too runny.
- When it comes to making icing,
- it really depends upon personal preference if you want a stiff or a softer glaze.
- Dunk donut in the glaze.
- I dunked the whole thing, but you could also just dip the tops.
- Allow glaze to set before doing a second coating.