Muffins are a great way to enjoy a simple recipe in the morning for breakfast for a quick bite to eat. And, these Healthy Banana Bran Muffins are a complex mix of ingredients in the form of a muffin. There are many flavors and things to add a delicious texture. So, you are sure to fall in love.
Banana Bran Muffins
These Bran muffins are so good and have the best texture and flavor. These muffins are a blend of raisin bran, bananas, cinnamon, greek yogurt, syrup, vanilla, and walnuts. This muffin is packed with so many incredible ingredients and is only part of the amazing variations of muffin recipes there are. This Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops and Lemon Cranberry Muffins are other great muffin recipes you can give a try as well.
- Flour- You will need wheat flour for this recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour- This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Cereal- You will need bran flakes or raisin bran for this recipe.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the muffins to rise in the oven.
- Cinnamon- This will be used for additional flavoring.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Bananas– You will need ripe and mashed bananas for this recipe.
- Eggs- Use eggs at room temperature.
- Greek Yogurt- You can also use buttermilk as a substitute.
- Syrup– You will need maple syrup for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Walnuts- These will need to be chopped.
How to Make Bran Muffins
Set the oven to 375 degrees.
Line a muffin tin with liners and use pam to grease the pan lightly if desired.
Add the wheat flour, all-purpose flour, bran flakes, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
Add the mashed bananas, eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract to another large bowl and combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, but do not overmix.
Make sure you fully coat the bran with the wet ingredients and there are no more flour lumps.
Add in the walnuts and fold in until combined.
Pour the batter into the muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full.
Place in the oven for about 19-20 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
Take out, serve, and enjoy!
Do You Use Cereal In Bran Muffins?
Yes, you use cereal in the bran muffins. You have the choice of adding bran flakes or raisin bran into the batter. You will be using the whole flakes and not crushing.
How to serve Bran Muffins
You can serve bran muffins however your desire. You can serve on the side with your breakfast in the morning. Or you can just eat the muffin as is by itself. Great muffin recipe to grab and go if you’re in a hurry too.
More Muffin Recipes:
- Blueberry Muffin Cheesecake Pie
- Banana Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
Banana Bran Muffins
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bran flakes or Raisin Bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, well-mashed (~ 1 cup mashed bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or buttermilk
- ½- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup or ½ stick unsalted butter or pureed ripe avocado, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put cupcake liners in muffin pans. Spray the liners lightly with cooking spray, optional.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the wheat flour, all-purpose flour, bran flakes, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir. Do not overmix. Make sure that the bran flakes are completely coated with wet ingredients and no lumps of flour remain.
- Fold in walnuts until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ⅔ of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 19 or 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Banana Bran Muffins”
These muffins are delicious. I’m making the for the second time right now. I subbed bran buds cereal because that’s what I had on hand the first time making this recipe, and it worked fine. I couldn’t find any nutritional info for the muffins, and really wish that info was included.