Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops
If you need a new recipe to liven up your morning routine to get the day started, then this Banana Muffin Tops Recipe is for you. You can get up a little bit early or make them before you go to sleep to be ready for you in the morning. These quick and easy Muffin Tops are for sure gonna become your favorite quick on the go recipe.
Banana Muffin Tops Recipe
This Muffin Tops Recipe is very easy to make and is so good! This recipe only needs about 5 minutes to prepare all your ingredients, and then, place in a pan and bake for 15 minutes. These muffins are so fluffy and sweet with bananas and chocolate chips. Muffins are great to have on hand for a simple breakfast. Lemon Cranberry Muffins or Banana Pumpkin Muffins Recipe is a great addition to your morning.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness and moisture to your recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Baking Soda- This will allow your ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Buttermilk- You can substitute this ingredient with milk mixed with a little vinegar.
- Banana- You will want to make sure the bananas are mashed.
- Chocolate Chips- You will need to get mini chocolate chips for this recipe. (Milk or Semi-sweet)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops
Set the oven to 350 degrees.
Use non-stick cooking spray to grease a muffin top pan or sheet pan.
Add the butter and sugars into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and use an electric mixer to cream together until light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs, bananas, vanilla extract, and buttermilk into the batter and mix until combined.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the finished muffin batter into the prepared pan and fill up each section about 3/4 full. (if you use a sheet, add 1-2 tablespoonfuls of batter, depending on the size you want, to make each top.)
Place in the preheated oven on the middle rack and bake for 15 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pans.
Transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to cool thoroughly.
Serve and Enjoy!
Do I Need a Special Pan to Make Muffin Tops?
You do not need a special pan for this Banana Muffin Recipe. You can use your choice of a muffin pan or a sheet pan. If you decide to use a sheet pan, then you will need to at 1-2 tablespoons of the batter onto the sheet to bake.
Can I Add Nuts to These Banana Muffins?
It is very possible for you to add other things to this recipe like Nuts. However, these Banana muffins are so good by themselves and I always recommend trying them out before adding or taking anything out. But, you can add nuts like almonds, pecans, or walnuts.
More Muffin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Cranberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
- Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops Recipe
- muffin top pans or cookie sheet
- ½ c butter softened
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ½ c light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ c buttermilk room temperature
- 1⅓ c mashed bananas very ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅔ c mini chocolate chips either milk or semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Spray your muffin top pans or cookie sheet with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, bananas, vanilla extract, and buttermilk until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir by hand until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin top cups ¾ full. (if using a cookie sheet, drop 1-2 tablespoonfuls of batter, depending on the size you want, to make each top.)
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for approx. 15-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin top comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans for 10-minutes, then place pans on a cooling rack to cool completely.