Banana Bread Cookies are a delicious bite-sized version of the classic banana bread dessert loaf with a yummy homemade cream cheese frosting on top.
Banana Bread Cookies
If you love banana bread like we do, and want to try something new with your week old ‘nanas, you’re going to love this.
- Baking Soda
How Ripe Should Bananas Be for Banana Bread?
You can use ANY bananas for this recipe and other bread recipes. However, the browner, the better the flavor of your dessert. Why? The more brown the more sugar the bananas have.
Banana Bread Cookies Recipe
Making this is very similar to making traditional banana bread. Start by smashing bananas! My kids love to help with this part.
Next, with cream the sugar and shortening together. Then, add the eggs and bananas and continue to mix. When that’s done, fold in smashed bananas.
In a different bowl, mix up all of your dry ingredients. Then, add them to the wet ingredient bowl.
To scoop the cookies onto your baking sheet, use a small ice cream scoop that’s sprayed with cooking spray. This makes the process so much easier!
- Cream Cheese
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
More Delicious Banana Recipes To Make
Banana Bread Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a baking sheet, set aside.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg, and vanilla and beat it for an additional 2 minutes. Fold in the mashed banana.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients bowl and mix to combine.
- Grease a cookie scoop with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.