Carrot Cake Balls
Maybe you have had a cake ball from Starbucks or enjoyed one you have made yourself. Either way, cake balls are super fun and tasty to enjoy. This Carrot Cake Balls recipe is so good and you will love making them so much that you will want to make a hundred of these.
Carrot Cake Balls
These Carrot Cake Balls are so good and only require a couple of ingredients to make. One of my favorite parts about making cake balls is the smashing of the cake. You make the cake and combine it with cream cheese to form the balls. If you find yourself loving this recipe, then try out these Red Velvet Cake Balls or these Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls.
- Sugar– Every great recipe uses sugar.
- Canola Oil– Use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Flour– Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking Soda– This will allow the ingredients to double in size.
- Baking Powder– This will allow the cake to rise in the oven.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors.
- Cinnamon– This will be used for additional flavoring.
- Carrots– These will need to be shredded.
- Walnuts– These will need to be chopped.
- Frosting– You will need cream cheese frosting.
- Wafers– You will need Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers.
How to Make Carrot Cake Balls
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees and use pam to grease a 9×9 inch baking dish.
First, add the sugar, oil, and eggs into a standing mixer and combine.
Secondly, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and combine.
Thirdly, use a spatula to fold in the carrots and walnuts.
Next, add the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Place onto a cooling rack.
Next, use your hands to crumble to cake in a large bowl.
After, add into 2-3 scoops of frosting and combine until it forms a dough.
Next, separate into cake ball portions using an ice cream scoop and roll into a ball.
Arrange onto the prepared sheet.
Continue until all the dough is gone, then place into the fridge for 1 hour.
After, take out and put onto the counter.
Place the chocolate wafers in a double boiler to melt.
Next, dip the balls into the chocolate with a fork to coat.
Remove the excess chocolate by shaking.
Put back onto the sheet and top with chopped walnuts.
Next, continue until you have coated all of the balls.
Finally, let cool for 15 minutes to harden.
What is a cake ball?
A cake ball is exactly as it sounds. It is a cake in the form of a ball. Most often this is a cake that gets crumbled together and then held together with some sort of frosting.
How to Store Carrot Cake Balls?
Storing carrot cake truffles is very easy. You can store the recipe in an airtight container or Ziploc Bag. This recipe can be stored in the fridge or at room temperature.
More Cake Recipes:
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Balls
- Peppermint Oreo Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Filling
- Cake Batter Blondies
Carrot Cake Balls
Carrot cake Ingredients :
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts plus more for topping
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 1 16 oz bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9×9 baking dish with pam baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, mix until combined the sugar, oil, and eggs
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until combined
- Fold in the shredded carrots and ½ C chopped walnuts
- Pour the batter into the 9×9 baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack
- Crumble the cake into fine crumbs into a large bowl
- Mix in about 2-3 Spoonfuls of cream cheese frosting and mix until a dough forms
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some of the cake mixtures and roll it into a ball
- Place onto a cookie sheet
- Repeat steps until all mixture have been molded into balls
- Place into the fridge for 1 hour to harden
- Once the hour is up, remove from fridge and place onto the counter
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate melting wafers
- Once melted, using a fork, dip the cake ball into the melted chocolate
- Lightly tap the edge of the pot to get rid of excess chocolate
- Place back onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with some chopped walnuts
- Repeat step until all balls have been dipped or all chocolate has been used
- Allow the chocolate to harden for 15 minutes before enjoying it!