Banana Crunch Cake is a delicious dessert recipe that is like a combination of coffee cake and banana bread. If you love either of those things, you’re going to love this.
We love making desserts with bananas. Everyone usually just thinks of bananas as good for banana bread but there are so many other great recipes. Down below we listed a few of our favorites for you to try next.
Banana Crunch Cake
This is one of those recipes that are great for a dessert or even at breakfast. If it has fruit in it, it’s healthy, right?? It goes great with a cup of coffee or glass of chocolate milk. Grab some brown bananas and let’s bake!
Have you ever had Entenmann’s Banana Crunch Cake? It’s super similar to that!
Why should bananas be ripe when you’re baking?
When a banana is super ripe (aka brown and looking old) they have more sugar content in them. Therefore, they have more flavor! Also, they are much easier to mash. You can of course use any bananas the flavor just may not be quite as sweet.
Here’s The Ingredients You’ll Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Sour Cream
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
How To Make A Banana Crunch Cake
- Mix. With a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. Then, add mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt. Then, combine them with the wet ingredients.
- Make Topping. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, flour and melted butter until it’s crumbly.
- Bake. Cook on 350 for 45 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Enjoy this super easy and incredibly tasty recipe.
More Great Recipes
Banana Crunch Cake
- 1/2 cup of butter - softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 Bananas - mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of butter - melted
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Grease and flour an 8 X 11 inch dish and set aside.
- Mix the softened butter and sugar, until smooth and creamy.
- Add banana's, eggs, vanilla and sour cream, and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, blend the flour, baking powder and salt, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Mix until completely incorporated.
- In a large bowl, make the topping by mixing the flour, brown sugar add the cinnamon, and stir well.
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir until crumbly.
- Pour the batter into the dish and sprinkle the crunch topping on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Watch the crunch topping while the cake is baking; if it begins to get brown, loosely place a piece of foil over the dish, and continue baking. To place foil over the dish while baking - fold a large piece of foil in half, and then unfold it, and place it in a tent like manner over the dish. You don't want the foil to lay flat against the top of the dish, but up off the dish, so the cake can continue to bake evenly.