Strawberry Lemon Easy Chess Pie
Chess Pie is a thick and creamy pie with flavoring to bring it all together. This Strawberry Lemon Chess Pie may become a new favorite. The curd-like filling is so delicious and the lemon adds a wonderful tartness.
Strawberry Lemon Chess Pie
This Chess pie is so good and you only need a few ingredients to make it. The pie crust can be homemade or store-bought and is made with some simple lemon ingredients along with flour, eggs, and butter to make the sweet filling. Chess pie is one of those classic foods like Classic Fish and Chips Recipe or Classic Green Bean Casserole. You just want the best version there is.
- Pie crust- You can make your own Homemade No-Roll Pie Crust or buy it.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Cornmeal– This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Eggs- These will need to be at room temperature.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavoring.
- Lemon Zest– Be sure to zest your lemon before juicing them.
- Filling- You will need the strawberry pie filling.
How to Make This Easy Chess Pie
Prepare a pre-made pie crust by following the package instructions. Set aside.
Set the oven to 375 degrees.
Add the sugar, cornmeal, flour, and eggs to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Add in the melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest and combine.
Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and spread using a spatula.
Place into the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the filling is set.
Take out of the oven when finished, then, allow the pie to rest for about 2 hours to cool on a wire rack.
Add some strawberry pie filling on top and then, put into the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
When ready to serve, add some whipped cream on top.
How do I best store chess pie and how long will it keep?
Chess pie should be kept in the refrigerator. once it has come out of the oven, let it come to room temperature for a few hours, and then store it in the refrigerator. It will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What’s the Best Cornmeal for Chess Pie?
The cornmeal creates a texture over the pie crust when you are making chess pie. Traditionally, stoneground is used but you can use whatever kind of cornmeal you have on hand.
More Pie Recipes:
Strawberry Lemon Chess Pie
- 1 ready-made deep dish pie crust
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest of two lemons
- 1 can of strawberry pie filling
- Bake ready-made pie crust according to package directions.
- Remove and set to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine sugar, cornmeal, flour, and eggs.
- Mix to combine using a whisk.
- Stir in melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Mix well to combine.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the prepared pie crust, spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 hours on a wire rack.
- Top with strawberry pie filling.
- Place into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- When chilled, top with whipped cream.