If you are looking for a delicious BBQ Beef Sandwich with tender meat that you can whip up easily, look no further. This Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe is an easy dump dinner that’s perfect for a laid-back night or to feed a crowd.
The Best Pulled Beef Sandwich
This recipe is so good, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! It’s sweet, smokey, spicy, AND savory in one meal. Talk about a flavor bomb! The best part is that the chuck roast will become fall apart tender and juicy after cooking in the crockpot and it will be infused with all the delicious ingredients you cook it with. It’s hands down one of my favorite dinners ever! Who doesn’t love a good, messy, hot beef sandwich?
If you love BBQ flavor but don’t want the hassle of grilling or want to enjoy it during the winter, this is the perfect recipe for you to try. I guarantee that even your kids will be impressed!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For exact measurements, check out the recipe card below. There are not a lot of ingredients needed to make these BBQ beef sandwiches amazing!
- Chuck Roast
- BBQ Sauce: You can use any brand & flavor you like or make our easy homemade bbq sauce.
- Bacon: Cooked and chopped into small pieces.
- Onion: Slice the onion nice and thin.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Jalapenos: I use canned diced jalapenos.
- Colby Jack Cheese: Slices to put on the sandwiches.
- Crispy Fried Onions: A delicious crunchy topping.
How to Make BBQ Beef in a Crock Pot
There are so few steps to preparing this dinner. It’s perfect if you don’t feel like spending much time in the kitchen.
- Step 1. Add the chuck roast, BBQ sauce, half of the bacon, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and half the jalapenos into the crock pot. Make sure the beef is fully covered in all of the ingredients.
- Step 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. It’s ready when the beef easily falls apart.
- Step 3. Using 2 forks, shred the cooked beef.
- Step 4. Drain some of the liquid from the crock pot, but leave a little to keep the beef moist.
- Step 5. Add shredded BBQ beef and sliced Colby jack cheese to the buns.
- Step 6. Top with remaining bacon and jalapenos, and then the crispy onions. Enjoy!
What to Serve With a BBQ Beef Sandwich
You can serve whatever side you like with these pulled beef sandwiches or just enjoy them on their own! I like to keep it easy so my go-to favorite side dishes are Copycat KFC Coleslaw and Broccoli Salad. I like to add coleslaw to my sandwich for extra crunch and tang. If I have my slow cooker out, I am avoiding the stove!
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers of this slow cooker pulled beef can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. It can be reheated in the microwave.
Tips and Tricks
- Swap the Colby Jack cheese for your favorite! I’ve used cheddar, swiss, provolone, and pepper jack with these sandwiches.
- Use whatever brand of BBQ sauce you prefer. My favorite flavor to use is hickory brown sugar but you can go with something more smokey or spicy instead!
- Since the jalapenos aren’t as spicy cooked, there isn’t a lot of heat. If you want to tone down the spice, don’t add the extra jalapenos to your sandwich.
- Enjoy topped on a hot dog or baked potato instead of a bun.
More Sandwich Recipes to Try
- Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Drip Beef Sandwiches
- French Dip Sandwich
BBQ Beef Sandwich Recipe
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 ounce can diced jalapenos
- colby jack cheese, slices
- crispy fried onions
- In the Slow Cooker add beef, bbq sauce, half of the cooked bacon, the onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar and half of the jalapenos.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours until the meat falls apart with a fork.
- Shred the beef using 2 forks.
- Drain most of the liquid from the slow cooker.
- Assemble your sandwiches.
- Place a slice of cheese down on your bun.
- Add the shredded beef.
- Top with the leftover bacon and jalapenos.
- Top with the crispy fried onions.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Slow Cooker
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.