Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a quick and easy dinner recipe. With three cheeses, BBQ sauce and beef brisket, this is a total winner.
Once you try this one, you will certainly want to come back to try our Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese with Dill Pickles, too. There are so many fun ways to make a grilled cheese. If you love warm sandwiches, you should definitely try our French Dip Sandwich, Slow Cooker Drip Beef Sandwiches as well.
Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Anytime we make a big beef brisket we inevitably have a lot of extra. It’s delicious and I love having it around for things like this sandwich. If you don’t make your own from scratch, you can grab pre-made brisket in the deli or meat area of the grocery store.
- Beef Brisket
- BBQ Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterrey Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
How To Make A Grilled Cheese Brisket Sandwich
First, butter your bread and sprinkle it with the seasonings.
Then, lay a piece buttered side down in a pre-heated skillet. Top it with each of the three cheeses, brisket and BBQ sauce.
Add another piece of seasoned bread on top and heat for about 3-4 minutes or until the brisket is warm and the cheese is melted.
We like to serve our with a side of french fries or potato chips; or a veggie like corn on the cob or green beans.
What Is Gruyere Cheese?
“Gruyère is a hard yellow Swiss cheese that originated in Switzerland.” If you aren’t able to find this cheese in your local grocery store, you can substitute with any cheese labeled Comte or Beaufort or just with regular Swiss cheese.
Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 8 thick slices white or whole wheat bread
- salted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked smoked beef brisket chopped
- 4 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and butter the top side of each slice of bread.
- Season butter-side of bread with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Lay a slice of bread butter-side down and top with 1/4 cup of each cheese, 1/2 cup beef brisket, and 1 tbsp. barbecue sauce. Lay another slice of bread butter-side up on top and place onto the hot skillet.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes on each side and repeat with remaining ingredients.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.