Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe. With three cheeses, BBQ sauce and beef brisket, this grilled cheese recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Anytime we make a big beef brisket we inevitably have a lot of extra. It’s delicious and I love having it around for things like this sandwich. If you don’t make your own bbq brisket from scratch, you can grab pre-made brisket in the deli or meat area of the grocery store. This recipe is a great way to use leftover smoked brisket.
Once you try this grilled cheese recipe, you will certainly want to come back to try our Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese with Dill Pickles, too. There are so many fun ways to make a grilled cheese. If you love warm sandwiches, you should definitely try our French Dip Sandwich, Slow Cooker Drip Beef Sandwiches as well.
Watch The Recipe Video!
- Bread – white bread, whole wheat, sourdough bread or Texas toast (whatever you prefer).
- Butter – feel free to use salted or unsalted butter.
- Beef Brisket – try our slow cooker beef brisket recipe – it’s amazing!
- BBQ Sauce – you can use store-bough or our easy homemade bbq sauce (it’s worth making).
- Cheeses – Sharp cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese and gruyere.
- Seasonings – Garlic Powder and Italian Seasoning.
How To Make A Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- First, butter your bread and sprinkle it with the seasonings.
- Then, lay a piece buttered side down in a pre-heated frying pan or griddle. Top it with each of the three cheeses, brisket and BBQ sauce.
- Add another piece of seasoned bread on top and grill on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until the brisket is warm, the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
What To Serve With Brisket Grilled Cheese
What Is Gruyere Cheese?
“Gruyère is a hard yellow Swiss cheese that originated in Switzerland.” If you aren’t able to find this cheese in your local grocery store, you can substitute with any cheese labeled Comte or Beaufort or just with regular Swiss cheese.
Feel free to switch up the cheeses. A few other options are mozzarella, American cheese or Swiss.
Other Grilled Cheese Recipes
Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and butter the top side of each slice of bread.
- Season butter-side of bread with Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Lay a slice of bread butter-side down and top with 1/4 cup of each cheese, 1/2 cup beef brisket, and 1 tbsp. barbecue sauce. Lay another slice of bread butter-side up on top and place onto the hot skillet.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes on each side and repeat with remaining ingredients.