Calling all burrito lovers! How would you like a quick and delicious meal? This Beef Burrito Skillet One Pot Meal is an excellent choice to share with your hungry family after a busy day and for a fast meal. This is perfect for a cold night and any other occasion you might need a meal that simple and full of flavor.
Beef Burrito Skillet One Pot Meal
This Beef Burrito Skillet is super easy to put together and you will have this dish made in no time. This recipe is the most amazing bite your family and friends will have, full of meat, sauce and cheesy goodness. The ingredients are very simple and not to complex and the directions are helpful and simple to follow along with as well. Be sure to write this amazing recipe down for the books!
- Ground beef- You can use your choice of ground meat with the same result.
- Taco seasoning mix- This is the mix that will give it that Mexican style taste.
- Water- This will be added to your Skillet to make it easier to mix ingredients.
- Red enchilada sauce- This will be the sauce added into the meat.
- Pinto beans- Prepare your beans by making sure to have them drained.
- Corn- You can use your choice of fresh corn or canned corn.
- Tortillas- Be sure to use the flour tortillas for this recipe.
- Colby jack cheese- You can shred your own cheese or buy pre-shredded.
- Scallions- These are perfect for topping any dish.
- Cilantro- This will be added taste and garnish for your recipe.
How to Make a Beef Burrito Skillet
You want to heat your beef for 7-8 minutes over medium heat in a large skillet. Make sure to cook thoroughly until there is no pink and be sure to drain any excess grease.
You want to add in the taco seasoning, water, enchilada sauce, corn, and beans to the beef.
You want to cook the ingredients for about 5 minutes or until its begins to thicken.
While your ingredients are cooking, slice and cut your tortillas into 1 inch strips.
Add into the skillet and make sure to coat the stripes with sauce until completely covered.
Add some cheese to the top.
Place on a serving dish and garnish with scallions and cilantro.
What Toppings Go on This Burrito Bowl Recipe?
Some of the best toppings to go on this Beef Burrito Skillet are toppings that compliment the dish. You can add things such as more cut up veggies of your choosing. Some examples could be lettuce, onions, tomato. You could even add rice to your Burrito Bowl.
Can I Make This with Other Ground Meats Instead?
Ground beef is the most classic meat to use in a Beef Burrito Bowl. Although it is a classic with beef, you have all the power to choose exactly what meat you want to use. All ground meats are perfect for this recipe and will come out with the same result and will add its own meaty flavor.
Similar Dinner Ideas
- Skillet Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Honey Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Beef Burrito Skillet One Pot Meal
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- 10 ounce red enchilada sauce
- 15 ounce pinto beans, drained
- 15 ounce corn drained
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Scallions and cilantro for topping
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook beef 7-8 minutes until no longer pink; drain off any remaining grease.
- To the beef in the skillet add the taco seasoning, water, enchilada sauce. Corn and beans.
- Cook 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile cut your tortilla into about 1 inch strips.
- Stir in tortilla strips until coated with sauce.
- Top with cheese.
- Serve with scallions and cilantro for topping.