Beer Bread Recipe (3-ingredients)
This 3-ingredient Beer Bread Recipe is so simple to make and also incredibly delicious! This easy bread recipe takes just 5 minutes to prepare and the easiest way to make homemade bread.
Beer Bread Recipe
Three Ingredient Beer Bread is so easy to make and you will find yourself making this often! No Yeast, no need for a bread machine, no kneading and it’s only 3 ingredients – Just mix and bake! You can also easily add in other flavoring additions like honey or cheese!
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Self-Rising Flour
- Granulated Sugar
Self rising flour is a combination of flour, baking powder, and salt. This combination cuts out a lot of extra time and work from traditional bread recipes.
In my Homemade White Bread recipe you can see how yeast is added to warm water. Even though our white bread recipe is also super delicious it does take more time than this beer bread recipe.
Add-in ingredient options:
- Fresh, chopped herbs such as rosemary or thyme
- Shredded cheeses such as cheddar or pepper jack
- Raw or roasted garlic
- Finely diced jalapenos (this would be good with the cheese)
All you have to do is just add your mix-ins of choice when you stir together the dough and bake as directed.
Whether you enjoy a jalapeno-cheddar version alongside one of our bowls of delicious soup or make it as directed, you will love having a loaf of fresh-made bread ready in less than an hour.
What Kind Of Beer Should I Use To Make Beer Bread?
You can use any kind of beer you prefer. My personal preference is to use golden ale beers, but any beer will work just fine. Since we’re cooking the bread, the beer is going to help create the air to make the bread rise, but the alcohol is going to cook out. Which makes this a side dish that the entire family can enjoy including the kids!
Other Delicious Bread Recipes You Will Love
3-ingredient Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces beer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and beer until it is fully combined. The batter will be thick. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let sit for five minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely before slicing.