Easy Banana Bread Recipe (5-ingredients)
This Easy Banana Bread recipe is one of the easiest banana bread recipes ever! It is moist and delicious and comes together with just 5-ingredients. Using a cake mix as a base for this recipe, this easy bread recipe is always such a hit with everyone!
If you can not get enough banana flavored desserts, you have to try Banana Cream Cupcakes.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread is a delicious treat that brings together a cake like bread with a fantastic banana flavor. This quick loaf recipe is much like a banana cake except slightly more dense. Eat this bread warm from the oven or at room temperature. Spread butter or honey on it, or grill it in a frying pan.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Butter or oil
- Vanilla cake mix
- Baking soda
How to Make a Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350F and generously butter (or coat with cooking spray) a loaf pan. Set the pan aside until the batter is done.
Using a medium bowl, mash the bananas.
Add in the eggs and melted butter or oil.
In another bowl, add the cake mix and the baking soda.
Add half the mashed banana to the cake mix and beat with a mixer. Then add the rest of the banana, mixing completely. This will add air and fluffiness to the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
The bread is done when a butter knife or long toothpick is inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Once baked through set on a rack to cool completely before cutting into.
How do You Ripen Bananas Fast?
There are a few ways to ripen bananas fast.
- You can add the bananas into a bag with a very ripe banana or apple.
- Bake unripened bananas on a foil-lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
What Nuts are Best in Banana Bread?
While this this quick bread recipe doesn’t include nuts, oftentimes, people like to add walnuts to the banana bread. This tastes amazing and you can certainly add it to this recipe or you can use it to top the bread as well.
Other Quick Bread Recipes You Will Love
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 1.5 cups bananas mashed about 3 medium or 9.6 oz
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter or oil if using butter measure after melting
- 16.25 ounces vanilla cake mix
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F, generously butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas the mix in the eggs and the melted butter or oil. In a large bowl pour mix the cake mix and the baking soda. Pour half of the mashed banana into the cake mix then use a hand mixer to mix for a few minutes, then pour in the remaining of the mashed banana mix and mix until you have a batter that’s thoroughly combined and has a bit of air and fluffiness to it.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan then place in center of the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can insert a butter knife or long toothpick into the center of the bread and it comes out clean. Keep an eye on it around the 30 minutes because everyone’s ovens is different, insert the knife to check and after every 5 minutes check again until it comes clean. My oven took about 38 minutes. Once baked through set on a rack to cool completely before cutting into.