Jalapeno Cheddar Bread is a homemade bread recipe packed full of bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions and jalapeños. It is the perfect amount of flavor with just enough spice. Yum!
Fresh, warm bread right out of the oven is just the best, isn’t it? I am crazy about quite a few bread recipes like Eggnog Bread, Pumpkin Bread and Cranberry Lemon Zucchini Bread. They are all so delicious.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
Usually if you put cheese OR jalapenos in anything I am all in. Add them both? I’m in love! After that we threw in some bacon just for good measure. This recipe is not lacking in flavor.
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Baking Powder
How To Make Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
First, start by whisking together your flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. In a seperate bowl, beat your cream cheese with a mixer. You’ll definitely want to make sure your cheese has softened to room temperature before this step.
Then, fold in the shredded cheese, jalapeños, green onion and bacon. Add in your flour mix, your eggs and your butter and milk. Stir until it’s all combined. Pour into your loaf pan and bake!
This truly is a super easy bread to make. No kneading, takes under an hour and doesn’t require anything fancy. Just a couple bowls, a few ingredients and a loaf pan.
I like serving this at when we have football party gatherings with our spread of dips. Top this with cream cheese, butter or totally plain. It’s great either way!
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
- 12 to 14 slices applewood smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese 1/2 8 ounce package, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos diced and de-seeded
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously coat a 9×5″ bread pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and granulated sugar until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Fold in shredded cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and bacon pieces.
- Add in dry mixture, the egg, milk, and melted butter; stir until just combined.
- Transfer dough to prepared bread pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out generally dry; about 45-50 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool slightly before cutting.