Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are a sweet little treat that will delight your tastebuds. A homemade OREO crust topped with creamy cheesecake and delicious cherry pie filling, this is the perfect bite sized dessert!
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Everyone loves a mini cheesecake! These delicious little desserts are really simple to make but bring a lot of flavor. The chocolate from the OREO crust brings a little extra richness. A classic vanilla cheesecake is the creamy sweetness we all crave, and topped with tart cherries, it’s a really a special little treat!
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- OREO cookies
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Canned cherry pie filling
The Mini Cheesecake Pan
To make mini cherry cheesecakes, you will want to use a special mini cheesecake pan. This is the perfect pan for this dessert! The bottom of each cup can easily be removed. You just press up and it rises out of the pan, bringing the perfect little cheesecake out of the pan with it.
You can grab this Cheesecake Pan on Amazon HERE!
If you would prefer to not use a mini cheesecake pan, you can use a muffin pan and paper cupcake liners instead.
How To Make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
First, crust the OREO cookies. I do this by placing them in a zip top bag and rolling a rolling pin over the cookies until they’re completely crushed. Pour the cookies into a small bowl and mix with melted butter.
Scoop the OREO cookie crust into the bottom of your mini cheesecake pan. Press this down just a little bit to flatten.
In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. This is important to help ensure a lump-free cheesecake. Add the heavy cream and mix well.
Add in the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and creamy.
Scoop the cheesecake filling into the mini cheesecake pan cups on top of the OREO crust. I used a cookie scoop to make this process really easy.
Bake the mini cheesecakes at 325°F for 25 minutes. Let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake to make sure it will easily release from the pan.
Put the pan of mini cheesecakes in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Now, simply press up on the bottom of each mini cheesecake cup to life the cheesecakes out of the pan. Top each cheesecake with cherry pie filling.
That’s it! These are really so simple to make and everyone will be impressed.
Enjoy Your Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Anytime!
I love these cheesecakes for any occasion, but here are a few of my favorites:
- A dinner party dessert
- Baby shower
- Wedding or wedding shower
- A fun tea party with kids
- Office parties
Or just because you want a little dessert!
You can switch things up and customize your mini cheesecakes a bit. Here are some ideas:
- Graham cracker crust – if you prefer a graham cracker crust, go for it! Graham crackers are a little more dry and less sweet than OREO’s, so the recipe is a little different: 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 2-3 tablespoons sugar, 5 tablespoons melted butter. Mix this together and pour into the mini cheesecake pan, then proceed with the recipe as usual.
- Different toppings – yes, you can use toppings other than cherries! Some ideas would be blueberry pie filling, fresh berries, chopped OREO cookies, chopped toasted pecans, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce. Get creative!
- OREO pieces – try chopping up a few additional OREO cookies and adding them to the cheesecake filling for more chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate chips – Add some mini semi-sweet chocolate chips to the cheesecake batter to make chocolate chip cheesecakes. Remember to use semi sweet as milk chocolate tends to burn in the oven.
Check out these other Delicious Cheesecake Recipes
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place the OREO cookies in a gallon size zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Pour the crusted OREO's into a small bowl; add the melted butter and stir well. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the heavy cream and mix well.
- Add the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix with the electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Scoop the OREO crust mixture into the bottom of 12 cups of a mini cheesecake pan. Very lightly press down to flatten.
- Evenly scoop the cheesecake mixture into each cup of the mini cheesecake pan over the OREO crust.
- Bake the mini cheesecakes at 325F for 25 minutes. Cool at room temperature for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cheesecakes to release from the sides of the pan.
- Place the pan of cheesecakes in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Press up on the bottom of each mini cheesecake pan cup to remove the cheesecakes from the pan. Top each cheesecake with cherry pie filling.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.