These Blood Jello Shots are creepy Halloween shots that resembles blood in a shot glass that’s flavored like cherries.
Cherry Jello Shots
This is a shot that you will want at your next Halloween party or event. This simple and quick recipe is absolutely delicious and only requires a few minutes of your time. The shot is super bubbly and vibrant red to look exactly like blood and it will for sure spook some of your friends and family.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Gelatin: I like to use unflavored for the strongest flavor of cherry. You will use a combination of hot and cold water to mix it. The condensed milk will be used to add flavor and help with the texture.
Food Coloring: Use red food coloring to brighten the color of the jello and really make it that bloody color.
Liquor: I like to use cherry vodka and spiced rum for flavor.
How To Make Blood Jello Shots
Step 1. Add the gelatin and cold water into a medium-sized bowl and combine using a whisk. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before pouring in the 1 cup of boiling water. Whisk again to combine.
Step 2. Pour in the condensed milk, food coloring, vodka, and rum and whisk to combine. Fill up the shot cups using an injector without a needle to the rim. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
How To Get A Strong Cherry Flavor?
If the cherry vodka doesn’t give you a strong enough flavor, you can use cherry jello to add more flavor. If you want to make a few of these without alcohol, using cherry jello will help keep it as close to the original recipe as possible.
Ways To Decorate Blood Jello Shots?
I like keeping this recipe plain to keep it as bloody looking as possible, but if you want to add more creepy decorations, you can add candy eyes, jelly eyes, bones, etc. You can also add sprinkles!
Tips & Tricks
- I love using plastic shot glasses with lids for easy disposal and storage if you have leftovers.
- These shots will last up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Use unflavored gelatin for the strongest flavor!
- These are also perfect to add in syringes for a creepy Halloween-themed shot: Suck the jello mixture up into the syringes before chilling.
More Jello Shot Recipes:
Blood Jello Shots
- In a medium-sized bowl add the gelatin and cold water.Whisk to combine.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add the water to the gelatin.
- Mix until combined.
- Next add the condensed milk, food coloring, and liquors.
- Mix until combined.
- Using the injector, fill the Jello mixture into the Jello cups to the top.
- Chill for 2 hours.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Injector, the needle removed