Cherry Bomb Jello Shots
This Summer, if you’re heading to a get-together with friends and want to bring something fun, give these Cherry Jello Shots a try. Cherry Jell-O with cherry liqueur and whipped cream vodka make such a tasty jello shot. They’d be perfect for the 4th of July!
Cherry Jello Shots
When deciding what type of liquor to add with cherry, a creamy tasting whipped cream vodka seemed like a great fit. The sweet and tart flavors of cherry with vanilla whipped cream go so good together. Plus, we add in a bit of cherry liqueur for an extra pump of cherry flavor.
We also made another jello shot with a cherry on top: Pineapple Upside Down Jello Shots. They’re so good and super fun!
Ingredients You Will Need
Jello: The base for all jello shots, in the flavor Cherry.
Whipped Cream Vodka: This really tastes like whipped cream. It combines vanilla and cream flavors to replicate it.
Maraschino Originale: This is a clear, cherry liqueur made from Marasca cherries.
Maraschino Cherries: For a fun garnish. You can leave this off if you’d like to.
Whipped Cream: These taste really great with a dab of whipped cream on top. Feel free to leave it off though, if you’d like.
Gold Sprinkles: To add a fun pop to the jello shot.
You’ll also need some small disposable cups with lids.
How far in advance can I make Jello Shots?
It’s best if you make them one to two days prior to enjoying. You can push it up to about 4 days.
How To Make Cherry Bomb Jello Shots
Making jello shots is super easy and quick, the hardest part is just having to wait for them to set up. The best thing to do, is plan ahead so you can prep these and get them in the fridge the night before you want them.
- Boil Water. Mix in the Jell-O until it’s dissolved and let it sit for about 5 minutes to cool some.
- Add in the liqueur and vodka and stir again.
- Pour the mixture into the condiment cups with a few sprinkles and a cherry.
- Place the jello in the fridge for about 4 hours (or overnight).
- When you are ready to serve, you can add a dollop of whipped cream on top.
This will make about 10, 2 ounce jello shots. If you need more than that, just double up the recipe.
More Shots To Try Next
Cherry Bomb Jello Shots
- 2 boxes Cherry Jello
- 1 C boiling water
- ¾ C cold Maraschino Originale
- ¼ C Whipped Cream Vodka
- 10 Maraschino Cherries stems removed
- Gold Sprinkles
- Whipped cream
- Add the jello in a bowl and pour in the boiling water. Whisk to dissolve the jello. Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the maraschino originale and whipped cream vodka . Pour 1.5 oz into the condiment containers.
- Sprinkle a few gold sprinkles into the containers
- Place a maraschino into the containers
- Place into the fridge for a few hours or until the jello is set
- Top with whipped cream, gold sprinkles and a maraschino cherry