Making your own treats at home is the best and a lot cheaper sometimes. If you have ever wanted homemade candy that tastes exactly like 3 Musketeers, then I recommend this delicious Cool Whip Candy. SO easy and made with only 3-ingredients!
3 Musketeers Copycat Recipe
I love making this recipe because it’s so simple and only requires just a few ingredients! Each one is easy to find at your local grocery store. You can have this ready to eat in just under an hour. But, don’t worry, it’s mostly waiting and freezing time, so you can go about your business until they are ready. This is a treat that you will want to make by the hundreds!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chocolate: You will need milk chocolate and dark chocolate melting wafers.
Cool Whip: You can use this or a homemade whipped topping.
How To Make Cool Whip Candy
Step 1. Add the chocolate chips into a glass bowl and melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Mix and heat again for an additional 30 seconds until smooth. Let the chocolate cool for 15-20 minutes at room temperature. Use parchment paper to line an 8-inch square baking dish. Place it aside. Add the melted chocolate and thawed cool whip into a large bowl and fold to combine until fully incorporated. The chocolate may have hardened bits, but that’s fine. Pour into the prepared dish and spread it out evenly.
Step 2. Place in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes. Take out and cut into 36 squares. Arrange onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place back in the freezer to chill for an additional 30 minutes. Melt the chocolate wafers by following the directions on the package in the microwave. Take the squares out of the freezer and coat them in the melted chocolate. Put them back on the lined sheet and let them harden. Keep in the freezer until you are ready to eat.
Variations For Cool Whip Candy:
You can use a few of the options below if you want to alter the recipe to your liking:
- You can use homemade whipped topping instead of a cool whip.
- Feel free to use just milk chocolate if you don’t like dark chocolate.
- Try this recipe with white chocolate instead, but know that it won’t be exactly like 3 Musketeers.
Tips & Tricks
- Place the candy in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for the best storage method.
- Keep in a cool place at room temperature or store in the fridge or freezer.
- This candy will stay good for up to 30 days
- Decorate for the Holidays! When the chocolate is still soft, drizzle colored chocolate on top with sprinkles. You can do this for Christmas, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, etc…
More Candy Recipes:
Cool Whip Candy (3 Musketeers Copycat)
- 2 11 oz. packages Milk Chocolate
- 1 8 oz. tub Cool Whip thawed
- 24 oz. Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- In a glass bowl, melt chocolate chips for one minute in the microwave. Stir and heat again for another 30 seconds. Stir until completely smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently fold the cooled, melted chocolate with thawed Cool Whip. Note: the chocolate may harden into tiny bits and that’s okay. Keep gently folding until all the chocolate and Cool Whip are combined. Pour and spread evenly into the prepared dish.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and cut into 36 squares. Place the squares on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and return to the freezer for another 30 minutes.Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions in the microwave.
- Remove the squares from the freezer and dip them into melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper and allow to harden.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Can be stored for up to 30 days!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Cool Whip Candy (3 Musketeers Copycat)”
Everything I’ve tried is good and easy thank u