For Valentine’s Day this year, try making these fun dessert shots. By using Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcake as the base and topping it with vanilla frosting, you’ve got yourself a delicious Red Velvet Jello Shots. They taste just like a yummy cupcake!
Boozy Jello Shots for Valentine’s Day
If you love the flavor of Red Velvet this is totally for you. Bailey’s made this new flavor with Georgetown Cupcake (which you might remember from the TLC show DC Cupcakes!) It’s really delicious and you may easily find yourself making all sorts of Valentine’s Day inspired drinks with it.
Jello shots are pretty simple to make, and don’t require really any skill. You do have to keep in mind that they take several hours to set up so you can’t make them last minute.
Ingredients for Red Velvet Jello Shots
Here is everything you’ll need to make these.
- Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcake – a yummy cupcake flavored liquor. It’s listed as limited edition so I’m unsure how long you’ll be able to find it in stores.
- Unflavored Gelatin – you can find this with the flavored Jello in the baking aisle.
- Boiling Water – the water must be boiling, not just hot, to work.
- Red Food Coloring – we prefer the gel form on coloring for jello shots.
- Vanilla Frosting – to make it easy, we used the Pillsbury icing that comes in a piping bag with a tip.
- 2 oz Jello Shot Cups
How To Make Red Velvet Jello Shots
- Boil the water. Pour it into a bowl or measuring cup with a spout (to make it easier to pour later).
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let it sit.
- After 15 minutes, stir the jello and add in the Bailey’s.
- Stir in the sugar and red food coloring.
- Place the small cups on a baking sheet so they can be easily moved. Pour the jello into the cups and place in the fridge to chill.
- Pipe some frosting onto the top of the shot when you’re ready to serve. (Don’t put the icing on early or it will melt down.)
This recipe will make about 10 shots. If you need more (maybe a Galentine’s Day party with your girls?) just double or even triple the recipe. In the recipe box below, you can easily enter the servings you want and it will double the recipe for you.
More Red Velvet Recipes
Red Velvet Jello Shots
- ½ cup Bailey's Red Velvet Cupcake
- 1 ½ cups Boiling Water
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 5 drops Red Food Coloring Gel more drops if you want a deeper red color
- 1 bag Vanilla Frosting prepared frosting in a piping bag with a tip
- Boil the water and pour it in a large measuring cup with a spout.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water, and let the gelatin bloom for 15 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir well and add the Bailey’s Red Velvet Cupcake. Stir to combine until well mixed.
- Add the sugar and the food coloring and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Place shot glasses on a small tray or cookie sheet, and pour the gelatin mixture into the shot glasses, filling them. Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Place the frosting in a bag in the refrigerator to cool.
- When ready to serve, remove the Jello shots from the refrigerator, and the frosting.
- Pipe a generous amount of frosting on the tops of the Jello Shots serve, and enjoy.