Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
These Blueberry Oatmeal Bars are a delicious treat for breakfast or a snack. Simple to make and absolutely amazing, make a large batch of these bars and enjoy them for any time. Make a large batch and freeze some to have these bars on hand all the time.
Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
These Blueberry Oatmeal bars are a family favorite around here. We have used these for breakfast, for snacks, taken them for picnics and we have even used them for baked sales. The bars are always a hit and I am sure you are going to love them too.
- Fresh blueberries- Fresh blueberries is the best choice for these bars
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice goes fantastic with the filling.
- Corn starch- The corn starch helps to make a great blueberry filling.
- Sugar-All desserts need sugar.
- Unsalted butter- Use unsalted butter instead of salted. This lets you control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Vanilla- Always use pure vanilla for the best taste.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour when making these blueberry oatmeal bars.
- Old fashioned oats – Make sure to use old fashion oats and not instant
- Honey- Use local honey
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar adds flavor and sweetness
- Ground cinnamon- Cinnamon adds flavor and pairs great with the oats.
- Salt- Salt brings out the flavor in sweets.
How to make Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Make the crust and the crumble topping by adding flour, oats, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl and mixing it well.
Add the melted butter and vanilla. Knead it together until it is combined.
Set aside 1 cup for the topping and use the rest to press into the bottom of an 8*8 parchment lined pan.
Make the Blueberry Filling
Mix together the blueberries, lemon, sugar, and cornstarch, making sure the blueberries are coated well.
Add the blueberry mixture on top of the crust and then layer the cup of oat mixture you set aside on top of the blueberry mixture.
Bake it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Remove the bars from the oven and set them aside for 10 minutes to allow the bars to cool
Once the bars are cooled, cut them into bars.
Do Blueberry Bars Have to Be Refrigerated?
Because these blueberry bars are made with fresh blueberries, you will want to store them in the refrigerator. Be sure to store them in an airtight container. The blueberry oatmeal bars should not be out at room temperature for more than a few hours.
How Long Are These Breakfast Bars Good?
When these breakfast bars are stored in the refrigerator properly, they should last for about 3 days. If you think you will not eat them all before they go bad, you can move them to the freezer.
More Oatmeal Recipes
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Blueberry Layer Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 C fresh blueberries rinsed off
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 C sugar
Crust Layer and Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 1/2 C old fashioned oats not instant
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/4 C brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 pan with parchment paper leaving some overhang, set aside
- Begin with making the crust, crumble topping:
- In a large bowl add the flour, oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt
- Mix until combined
- Then, add the melted butter and vanilla stirring until mixture starts to combine
- Now, use your hands and kneed until combined
- Your mixture will be a little dry and crumbly which is good
- Set aside 1 cup of the mixture, this is the crumble topping
- Grab the rest of the oat mixture and add it to the baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Now using your hands, press the oat mixture into the bottom of the pan
- Make sure that the oats layer is even
- In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, lemon, sugar, and corn starch
- Stir until the blueberries are coated well
- Next, add the blueberries over the crust in an even layer
- Grab the 1 cup of oat mixture you set aside
- Crumble the oat mixture over the top of the blueberry layer
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, check randomly to make sure your bars aren't burning
- Remove the bars from the oven when time is up and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the bars to cool
- Lastly, cut and enjoy!