Bourbon Pecan Cake
Calling all cake lovers! How would you like a Bourbon infused cake that is a perfect sweet treat? This Bourbon Pecan Cake is a great addition to any special occasion you may have coming up. You can share this recipe with friends and family and they are sure to fall in love.
Bourbon Pecan Cake Recipe
This Pecan Cake is a wonderful and moist cake. This is a perfect homemade recipe to share with your loved ones. The ingredients can be found at your local grocery store and the directions are easy to follow along with to make a quick and simple cake recipe.
Bourbon makes a great addition to desserts. It has become one of my favorite ways to change up a dessert. If you like bourbon in your desserts, you will also love Apple Pie Bourbon Flavored Popcorn Mix and Bourbon Apple Pie.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Sugar- Every great recipe has sugar in it.
- Eggs- Use the eggs at room temperature.
- Flour- Use All-purpose flour for the best result.
- Baking soda- This will help your cake rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will help the flavors in the cake.
- Ground nutmeg- This will give your cake a wonderful aroma.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness in the dessert and gives great flavor.
- Pumpkin spice bourbon- This will be infused into your dessert.
- Light brown sugar- This will add moisture to your recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade glaze.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Pecans- You will prepare the pecans by chopping them.
How to Make a Pumpkin Bourbon Pecan Cake Recipe
Set the oven to 350 degrees and evenly spray a 9in pan with Pam.
In a medium bowl, add together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
Using a huge bowl, mix together the butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in the eggs one at a time until combined.
Mix in the sour cream and bourbon.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
Pour the batter into the pan and put into the oven and For 60-70 minutes, bake in the oven or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for 20 minutes before taking out and putting onto a wire rack
Make the Glaze
What Icing Goes on This Cake?
I like making a simple powdered sugar glaze for this pecan cake. You can also use my Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe.
Does This Use Real Bourbon?
Yes, the Pecan Cake does use real bourbon. If you are worried about children eating this, the bourbon will be cooked out of it. Some people are concerned that the alcohol doesn’t burn off and while it is only a small amount of bourbon added to the recipe, it is a personal choice if you give this to children.
More Delicious Bundt Cakes
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake for Valentine’s Day
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
- Spiced Rum Bacon and Chocolate Bundt Cake
Bourbon Pecan Cake
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 2 ½ C sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 C sour cream
- ½ C pumpkin spice bourbon
Pumpkin Spice Bourbon Glaze
- ¼ C unsalted butter
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- 3 tbsp pumpkin spiced bourbon
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in bundt pan with pam baking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined
- Beat in the sour cream and bourbon
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and place into the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack
- Using a medium saucepan, melt the butter
- Whisk in the brown sugar and bourbon until combined and bring to a slight boil
- Cook for 1 minute
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake and sprinkle with the chopped pecans