Bourbon Apple Pie
Calling all pie lovers! We all love a delicious Apple Pie, am I right? Well, this amazing Bourbon Apple Pie is a flavorful twist to a pie dessert. Your family and friends will for sure fall in love with this dessert.
Bourbon Apple Pie
This Bourbon Apple pie recipe is super simple to make. There are only a few ingredients in this recipe and the directions are very straight forward and easy to follow. You will have a wonderful dessert to make in no time, so be sure to write this one down!
- Apple- Make sure to have them chopped and peeled.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for the best results
- Ground cinnamon- Apples and cinnamon go perfectly together.
- Salt- This salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Butter- Always use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Bourbon- This will add a smoky and sweet flavor to the recipe.
- Pie crust- You can make your own pie crust or buy premade from the store.
- Egg- This will make your pie crust golden brown
- Water- This water will be mixed in with the egg.
- Sparkling sugar- This will be sprinkled on top.
- Sugar- All good desserts need sugar
How to Make a Bourbon Apple Pie
Evenly spray a 9 inch deep pan with baking spray and set the oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and bourbon in a medium mixing bowl.
Undo one pie crust and lay in the pie pan.
Pour in your mixture and place butter on top of the apple mix.
Take the last pie crust and lay it over the top.
Using your fingers or a fork, pinch the edges of the pie to seal it.
Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl and using a brush, coat the top of the pie with the mixture.
Take a little of the sparkling sugar and sprinkle it on top.
Cut the top of the crust into 4 sits to release steam.
Set the pie on a cookie sheet.
For 15 minutes, bake ate 450 degrees, after its done bring the temperature down to 350 degrees. Then continue to bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until light brown.
Take out of the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes and serve with your choice of ice cream and whipped cream, then dig in!
What’s the Best Apple for Apple Pie?
The best Apples for Apple pies are the larger ones, most of the larger and bolder apples have the best flavoring. The larger apples are more delicious and sweet. Apples like Granny smith apples or Honey crisp apples.
How to Serve Bourbon Apple Pie
Serving your Bourbon Apple Pie is quite simple. You can slice as big of a piece as you or someone your serving wants. You can feel free to add toppings to make it presentable and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
More Apple Recipes
- Caramel Apple Pizza
- Apple Cinnamon Buns Recipe
- No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
Bourbon Apple Pie
Bourbon Apple Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 5 C Chopped Apple peeled
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter cubed
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 2 premade pie crust
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ C sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9in deep pie dish with baking spray
- In medium bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and bourbon and mix together
- Unroll one of the pie crust, and place into a 9in deep pie pan
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell
- Place the butter over the apple mixture
- Place the last pie crust on top of the apple mixture
- Pinch the edges together using your fingers or a fork
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water
- Using a sauce brush, brush the top of the pie crust with the egg mixture
- Sprinkle the sparkling sugar on top
- Cut 4 slits into the top of the crust to make for air vents
- Place pie onto a cookie sheet
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 and then bring the oven temp down to 350 degrees, continue baking 30-45 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream and fresh whipped cream!