Top your delicious, juicy hamburgers with this perfect Burger Sauce Recipe. Just like the famous In-n-Out sauce, this is the best topping for any fresh from the grill cheeseburger or for dipping fries, onion rings, chicken nuggets, and more.
Burger Sauce Recipe
We all love burger night! A homemade hamburger with your favorite sides is a filling meal that the whole family will enjoy. Before you pop the burgers onto the grill or griddle, whip up a batch of this special Burger Sauce Recipe for an amazingly creamy, sweet, and tangy topping.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Burger Sauce Recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Mayonnaise – use your favorite real mayonnaise.
- Ketchup – ketchup adds great flavor and color to the sauce.
- Sweet pickle relish – you can use dill pickle relish if you prefer.
- Granulated sugar – the sugar is optional, but it does add a nice light sweetness.
- White vinegar – vinegar gives the sauce a mild tang. We like white vinegar the best, but apple cider vinegar is a good alternative.
How to Make Burger Sauce Recipe
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
It should be well combined, but will be a bit chunky from the relish.
Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
How to Make a Burger Amazing with Homemade Burger Sauce
Our favorite way to make hamburgers is to season the ground beef well with seasoned salt (or use any seasonings you like for burgers), mix the meat well then form it into patties. Make the patties larger than you want them to end up because they will shrink while cooking. Then grill or pan fry the burgers until cooked through.
More Burger Topping Ideas:
- Tomato slices
- Pickle chips
- Sweet or purple onions
- Caramelized onions
- Crunchy fried onions (like French’s Fried Onions)
- BBQ sauce
- Cheese – American, pepper jack, swiss, provolone, etc.
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Hot sauce
Ways to Serve Burger Sauce
There are more ways to enjoy this burger sauce other than just on hamburgers! Here are some ideas:
- Salmon burger sauce
- Chicken sandwiches
- French fry sauce
- Onion rings
- Fried zucchini spears
- Chicken nuggets or chicken strips
How to Store Leftover Sauce
Keep the leftover homemade hamburger sauce in an airtight food storage container and refrigerate for up to five days. Stir well before serving.
More Recipes You Will Love
Burger Sauce Recipe
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.