These Strawberry Sugar Cookies are perfect for any occasion. They’re soft, chewy, and have the perfect amount of sweetness. The strawberry glaze is made with fresh strawberries and pairs perfectly with the cookie dough. This cookie recipe will be your new favorite!
Strawberry Sugar Cookies
Strawberry Sugar Cookies are a simple and quick treat that everyone can enjoy. This recipe takes a sugar cookie and adds a little bit of a twist. Enjoy this cookie that’s topped with a tasty Strawberry glaze. Sugar cookies are often looked at as plain and not a go-to choice. However, these Maple Chai Sugar Cookies or these Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies are sure to make you change your mind.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar– Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in it.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Egg– Use this at room temperature.
- Flour– Use unbleached flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder– This will allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Baking Soda– This will allow the ingredients to double in size.
- Water– This will be added to your glaze mixture.
- Strawberries– Use fresh strawberries for the best flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar– This is the best sugar for homemade icing.
How to Make Strawberry Sugar Cookies
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees.
First, add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg into a bowl and combine.
Secondly, pour in the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and combine.
Thirdly, use parchment paper to line a baking sheet and use the scooper to roll 2-inch cookie balls and arrange them 2 inches apart, onto the prepared sheet.
Next, place the pan into the oven for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn a light brown. Wow, the cookies are baking, you can begin to make your strawberry glaze. (directions below)
Furthermore, take the cookies out of the oven and allow them to rest her five minutes before placing them onto a wire rack.
In addition, once you have made your glaze, use a spoon to drizzle the glaze on top of the cookies and allow them to sit and cool thoroughly until the glaze has hardened. If desired, you can dust with powdered sugar.
Strawberry Glaze Directions:
To start, add the water and sugar into a small saucepan and dissolve over medium heat until you have made a simple syrup.
First, you will need to add the chopped strawberries into a bowl and mash them.
Then, place them into the simple syrup to simmer on low for 7 minutes while mixing occasionally.
Secondly, take the saucepan away from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
Thirdly, add the strawberry sauce, and vanilla into the powdered sugar, and combine.
Finally, add the glaze on top of the finished cookies.
If you have to think of a glaze, you can add in some water or lemon juice to thin it out, or if it’s too thin you can add a bit of powdered sugar.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Make Strawberry Sugar Cookies?
Having a chewy sugar cookie will require a few tips to make the perfect texture and softness. When making a sugar cookie, a big factor in finding a great texture is by watching how long you bake it. Other things like butter and the sugar you use will decide the chewiness of the sugar cookie. You will want to make sure to bake the recipe for the correct time, use white sugar, and make it with unsalted butter.
Do I Need to Chill The Dough?
For this recipe, you will not need to chill the dough. Although, chilling the dough will help with molding your sugar cookies, it is not needed for this recipe. Chilling your dough will keep the dough from being sticky and keep it from clinging to your hands.
More Sugar Cookie Recipes:
Strawberry Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and create 2” cookie balls and place them about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- While the cookies bake, make the strawberry glaze (directions below).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Spoon or drizzle strawberry glaze over cookies and let cool completely until glaze hardens.
- Option to dust with powdered sugar.
Strawberry Glaze Directions:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and sugar until dissolved creating a simple syrup.
- Mash strawberries and add them to the simple syrup. Simmer on low for 7 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add strawberry sauce and vanilla to powdered sugar. Stir until combined.
- *If the glaze is too thick, add some water or lemon juice. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.