Easy Fried Pickles Recipe
If you like fried pickles as an appetizer in a restaurant, then you’ll love to make this Easy Fried Pickles Recipe at home! Zesty dill pickle slices coated in a simple homemade batter and fried to crisp golden brown perfection–these are perfect for a snack, movie night, game day, or pretty much any other occasion.
Easy Fried Pickles Recipe
Fried pickles are a really fun snack or appetizer and this Easy Fried Pickles Recipe is really fantastic! The ingredients are so simple, you could have them on hand to make these pickles any time.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Easy Fried Pickles Recipe (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Vegetable or peanut oil for deep frying
- All-purpose flour
- Italian seasoning blend – This type of seasoning blend is found in the spice aisle and so versatile, it’s a good blend to always have in your spice cabinet.
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce – Tabasco, Frank’s Red Hot, or any hot sauce you like will be perfect.
- Dill pickle slices
How to Make Easy Fried Pickles Recipe
In a shallow bowl or a large plate, mix together the flour and spices.
Add the water and hot sauce and stir together with the dry ingredients until well combined. Drain the juice from the pickles and dry the pickles with paper towels. Dip the pickles in small batches into the batter and coat well on all sides.
Deep fry the pickles in 2 inches of oil heated to 375ºF in a large pot. Fry the pickles on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Remove them from the hot oil and drain off the excess oil on paper towels while you move on to frying the next batch of pickles.
Serve the pickles warm with the dipping sauce of your choice.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Keep the leftover fried pickles in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, bake the pickles in the oven on a cookie sheet in a single layer at 400ºF until hot. You could also deep fry them for just a minute to reheat and bring back the crispness to the breading.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
Dipping sauces really make fried pickles extra delicious! Here are some simple ideas:
- Ranch dressing
- Spicy ranch – mix together ranch dressing with Sriracha or Tabasco hot sauce.
- Fry sauce – mix together 2 parts mayonnaise to 1 part ketchup. Add other seasonings if desired, such as paprika, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and granulated sugar.
- BBQ ranch – mix together 2 parts ranch dressing with 1 part BBQ sauce.
More Recipes You Will Love
Easy Fried Pickles
- vegetable oil for deep frying enough for 2-inches depth in a large, heavy pot
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounces dill pickle slices drained and dried with paper towels
- Heat 2-inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat to 375F degrees.
- In a shallow bowl or a plate, whisk together the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add hot sauce and water and mix until smooth.
- In small batches, dip the pickles in the batter and coat well on all sides.
- Carefully add pickles to the oil one at a time and fry in small batches for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove the pickles from the oil and let drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce of your choice.