No Bake Candy Cane Reindeer Pops are adorable candy cane lollipops guaranteed to bring smiles to both young and old this Christmas. It’s a super fun Holiday craft that kids can enjoy with a little supervision.
Reindeer Candy Cane Heart
These no-bake Candy Cane Reindeer pops are such a fun Christmas activity to make with the kids. Incredibly simple directions that are easy for kids to follow. These candy cane reindeers can be made as part of the Christmas cookie tray or even sell them at Holiday bake sales. Make a large batch as give them away as gifts.
What You’ll Need
- Candy Canes – you can use mini candy canes for small reindeers and regular candy canes for large reindeers.
- Chocolate Candy Melts – any chocolate will work that you can melt.
- Candy Eyes
- Red peppermint M&M candies
How to Make Candy Cane Reindeer
Make a heart: Line the counter with parchment paper, wax paper or foil. Place lollipop sticks down. Lay the candy canes down to make a heart on the curved part with the lollipop stick halfway into the heart.
- Melt the chocolate: Melt the chocolate according to the package. Pour the chocolate into a ziplock baggie or use a spoon. Fill the candy cane hearts with the chocolate. Be sure to cover the stick.
- Add the eyes: Let the chocolate dry slightly then add the eyes to the heart. Then add a M&M candy to the bottom. Let the eye dry completely.
Tips & Tricks
- Timing is key: Don’t rush the process, let the chocolate dry a bit before adding the eyes and noses. This will ensure they stay in place.
- Storage: Once your Candy Cane Reindeer are completely dry, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. This will help keep the chocolate from melting and the candy canes from becoming sticky.
- Making ahead: These make great gifts or decorations, and can be prepared well in advance. They can stay fresh for up to a week when stored correctly.
- Useful tool: A small offset spatula or butter knife might be helpful in spreading the melted chocolate inside the candy cane heart.
- Hot Chocolate Spoon: Use the sweet treat as a spoon to stir hot chocolate instead of eating it as a pop.
- Size: Make bigger reindeers. If you want to make something bigger than a large reindeer, you can use full size candy canes.
- Chocolate: Use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate for a lighter colored reindeer.
- Reindeer Nose: Use red hots instead of peppermint M&Ms for the red nose. You can use different colored M&Ms or tiny marshmallows for variation in the reindeer noses. You can also use various flavored candy canes for an exciting twist.
- Candy: Replace the lollipop stick with pretzel sticks for a salty-sweet twist.
- Other Version: Decorate a candy cane with colorful pipe cleaners, googly eyes and a pom pom for a nose. I remember making these candy cane reindeers when I was a kid for Christmas.
Other Fun Candy Cane Treats
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Candy Sleighs for Christmas
- Candy Cane Cake Roll
- Easy Candy Cane Oreo Fudge
- Candy Cane Brownies
Candy Cane Reindeer Pops Recipe
- Line your kitchen counter with wax paper, parchment paper or foil.
- Lay candy canes in a heart shape around lollipop stick, with the stick coming up halfway into the bottom of the heart.
- Melt ½ lb of melting chocolate according to the package instructions.
- Add chocolate into a zipper baggie, snipping off the end. Fill candy cane hearts with chocolate, including the lollipop stick. (You can also just use a small spoon to fill the candy cane hearts if you prefer.)
- Let the chocolate dry slightly. Add candy eyes to the middle of the heart and the M&M candy to the bottom of the heart.
- Let it dry completely. When dry, enjoy your treat!