Candy Cane Brownies
Brownies are a wonderful chocolate delight that I’m sure all of us love to enjoy once in a while. Brownies have the best texture and flavor out of many desserts to enjoy. And, once you try this Candy Cane Brownies recipe, I know it is going to be a new favorite in your household. Full of peppermint, espresso, and chocolate, these holiday brownies are definitely a decadent treat!
Candy Cane Brownies
This Peppermint Brownie recipe is so delicious! The brownies come out to be absolutely wonderful! They are chewy and soft and are topped with a sweet and creamy frosting. This recipe will only take half an hour and is perfect for any occasion. Be sure to save this one!
Brownies are such a perfect treat. If you think about it, they work for every occasion, they are totally customizable, plus everyone loves them. If you are looking for a few additional brownie recipes to add to your collection, I have a few that I think you will absolutely love! My Turtle Brownies are in two words, simply divine. These Chocolate Mousse Brownies are dreamy and delicious! Now, if you are a Milky Way fan, then these decadent brownies will be a must for you to make!
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the salt in the recipe.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your dessert.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Peppermint extract- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cocoa powder- This will give the brownies the chocolate flavor.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Baking powder- This will allow your brownies to rise in the oven.
- Chocolate chips- You will need semi-sweet chocolate for this recipe.
- Peppermint candy- These candies will need to be crushed for this recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is great for homemade frosting.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of the frosting.
- Espresso – Adding espresso to a dessert really enriches the flavor.
How to Make Candy Cane Brownies
Add the 2 tbsp. of espresso and 1/4 C of water into a small bowl and combine, then, place it aside.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use baking spray to spray a 9×13 baking pan.
Add the butter into a medium bowl and melt.
Mix in the melted butter, oil, and baking powder into a large bowl and combine.
Add in the eggs and extract and whisk to combine.
Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl.
Slowly combine wet and dry ingredients.
Add in the chocolate chips and fold in using a spatula.
Pour into the prepared pan and sprinkle some crushed peppermint on top, about 1 C.
Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
Let cool thoroughly.
Candy Cane Frosting
Add the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and peppermint extract into a standing mixer and beat until creamy and stiff with peaks.
Add in crushed peppermint.
Evenly spread frosting over top of the finished brownies.
Does This Use a Boxed Mix?
This Candy Cane Brownie recipe is not made with a premade boxed mix. This recipe is all homemade and comes out amazing. You combine all the ingredients like cocoa powder, oil, sugar, eggs, and flour to make the batter.
Can I Add Extra Chocolate?
This Candy Cane brownie is already the perfect blend of chocolate and peppermint. However, you can add more chocolate if you would like a chunkier brownie. You could also add in other mix-ins if you would like, but it is definitely not needed.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES
- Best Ever Turtle Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- French Silk Brownies
- Milky Way Brownies
- Irish Whiskey Brownies
Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 ¼ C sugar
- 1 C light brown sugar packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 C flour
- 1 C cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C crushed peppermint candy
Candy Cane Frosting
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp peppermint extract
- 2 C crushed peppermint candy
- Whisk together 2 tbsp of espresso and ¼ c water until combined in a small bowl and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350° and spay a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl following the directions on your microwave.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, and sugars
- Whisk in the eggs and peppermint extract
- Using a another large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the baking pan and sprinkle 1 c of the crushed peppermint candy on top
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- DIRECTIONS TO MAKE THE CANDY CANE FROSTING
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream and peppermint extract until light, creamy and stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the crushed peppermint candy
- Spread frosting evenly over the brownies