Strawberry and Lemon are two of my favorite fruit combinations. These two flavors blend so well together and when placed into a dessert like these Strawberry Lemon Bars, it tastes even better. These lemon bars are so soft and chewy!
Strawberry Lemon Bars
These Strawberry Lemon Brownies are so good and perfect for a picnic or dessert buffet. This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients and this recipe is made in no time. The ingredients in the recipe make the bars so fluffy and moist. These are similar to our popular Lemon Brownies recipe, but with added strawberries.
- Butter- Use salted for this recipe. If you only have unsalted, add 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Sugar- White granulated sugar will work best.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Lemon Juice– Use fresh for the best flavoring.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Soda– This will allow the ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Strawberries- Use fresh for the best-enhanced flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar- You will use this for the strawberry lemon glaze.
How to Make Strawberry Lemon Bars
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a 9×9-inch baking dish.
Secondly, add the butter and sugar into a large bowl, and combine until creamy and fluffy.
Thirdly, put in the egg and combine again.
Next, add in the lemon juice and combine.
Now, add the flour and baking powder into another bowl.
Gradually, combine the dry and wet ingredients.
Next, fold in the diced strawberries using a spatula.
Spread the batter into the baking pan and place into the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick in the middle, comes out clean.
Finally, take out of the oven and place on the counter to cool completely before adding glaze.
To begin, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Next, add in the strawberries and gently fold in.
To finish, smooth glaze onto the bars and allow it to harden before serving.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Strawberries?
You will use fresh strawberries for this recipe. This recipe calls for fresh, diced strawberries. Frozen strawberries will make the bars very wet and not the right consistency.
Do I Need to Refrigerate strawberry Lemon Bars?
Yes, this recipe will need to be placed in the fridge. This recipe contains fresh ingredients. You will need to place the recipe into an airtight container.
More Bar Recipes:
- Chocolate Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Monster Cookie Bars
- Loaded Brookie Bars
- Red Velvet Cookie Bars
Strawberry Lemon Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Beat in the lemon juice and zest.
- Using a separate bowl whisk the flour and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Using a rubber spatula carefully fold in the diced strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Place a toothpick into the center to see if the bars are done.
- Place onto the counter to cool before adding glaze.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Smooth onto the blondies and allow the glaze to harden before enjoying!