Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring is so easy to make and incredibly fun to serve. Crescent roll dough wrapped around apple pie filling, caramel sauce, and sweetened cream cheese and then baked until golden brown before being drizzled with frosting; this dessert is as delicious as it sounds!
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
We love a good crescent ring for an impressive dessert or brunch dish. You can put this together so quickly using simple ingredients. For this Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring, we used apple pie as an inspiration and added caramel and a whipped sweet cream cheese.
If you love crescent ring recipes as much as we do, make sure you also check out our Raspberry Cream Cheese Crescent Ring, Easy Taco Ring, Chicken and Broccoli Crescent Ring, and Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the crescent ring (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- 2 tubes crescent rolls – there are 8 rolls per tube, so you’ll be using a total of 16 crescent rolls.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce – we used an ice cream topping caramel sauce.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
How To Make Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
Start by opening the tubes of crescent rolls and shaping them into a circle on a round pizza pan or a large cookie sheet. The wide ends of the triangles will overlap and the pointed ends will be facing outward like a sunburst.
Spoon the apple pie filling onto the overlapping circle of crescent dough. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the apples.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together with an electric mixer until creamy. Scoop the cream cheese mixture on top of the caramel and apples.
Pull the points of the dough up over the filling and tuck under the dough in the center of the circle.
Bake the crescent ring at 350ºF for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle the frosting over the cooled crescent ring.
- Strawberry – use strawberry pie filling instead of the apple. Eliminate the caramel sauce.
- Toasted pecans – sprinkle toasted, chopped pecans over the baked crescent ring before drizzling the frosting over top.
- Cinnamon – add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the caramel apple crescent ring for extra flavor.
- Whipped cream – serve the slices of the crescent ring with whipped sweet cream.
How to Serve the Crescent Ring
The whole crescent ring is a really eye-catching dish! We recommend you serve it whole and then slice individual pieces as needed.
How to Store the Leftovers
Store any leftover crescent ring in a zip top bag or airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave in 10 second increments until warm.
More Recipes You Will Love
- Breakfast Potatoes
- 1-Hour Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Banana Bread in a Jar
- Easy Cherry Danish with Cream Cheese
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Crescent Ring
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Open the tubes of crescent roll dough and separate the triangles. Place the dough triangles in a circle on a large baking sheet or pizza pan with the wide ends of the dough overlapping and the narrow ends pointing outward to form a starburst shape.
- Spoon the apple pie filling onto the overlapping crescent roll dough circle. Drizzle the pie filling with the caramel sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Scoop the mixture over the caramel and apple pie filling.
- Bring the points of the dough up over the filling and tuck under the dough in the center of the circle. Some of the filling will still be visible between the dough.
- Bake the crescent ring at 350F for 20-22 minutes until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle the frosting over the cooled crescent ring. Slice and serve.