Caramel Apple Salad combines butterscotch pudding, crunchy apples, salted peanuts and a few other ingredients to make a sweet and salty dessert salad. This is a Fall favorite side dish or dessert.
Caramel Apple Fluff
This is a rather unique dessert, but also so delicious and simple to make. The combination of flavors blends so well together. This butterscotch apple salad could easily be an after-dinner dessert or something to snack on during the day. We have similar dessert salads but a bit different including our Snickers Apple Salad and Twix Caramel Apple Salad that are delicious as well!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix: This will be added to the recipe to help with the consistency and add flavor along with the pineapple tidbits and juice.
Apples: I love using Granny Smith apples because they have the best flavor in my opinion and are perfectly crunchy.
Marshmallows: Adding these into the salad along with the dry roasted peanuts will add flavor and texture.
How To Make Caramel Apple Salad
Step 1. Add the butterscotch pudding and pineapple tidbits into a large mixing bowl and combine until fully incorporated and there are no lumps. Add in the marshmallows, apples, and peanuts and mix to combine.
Step 2. Add in the whipped topping and use a spatula to fold to combine. Place the recipe into the fridge until you are ready to eat. When ready, top with additional nuts and your favorite toppings. Serve and enjoy!
How To Store?
Place the leftovers into an airtight container for the best storage method. Place this recipe into the fridge or freezer to extend the shelf life up to 6 months.
What Can I Add To Caramel Apple Salad?
I love this amazing recipe by itself, but it can be enjoyed with more ingredients added. I love drizzling caramel sauce on top or adding toffee bits, caramel bits, or chocolate chips. You can also go in to add candy bars like Twix or snickers.
More Caramel Apple Recipes:
Caramel Apple Salad
- 1 3.4 oz. box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 8 oz. can pineapple tidbits with juice
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples chopped, cored
- ½ cup marshmallows miniature
- ½ cup peanuts chopped dry roasted
- 1 ½ cup whipped topping homemade or store bought
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the pudding mix and pineapple tidbits until completely blended with no lumps remaining in the pudding mix.
- To the bowl, add marshmallows, apples, and peanuts.
- Fold in the whipped topping until evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with additional whipped topping and nuts, if desired.