Twix Caramel Apple Salad
Twix Caramel Apple Dessert Salad Recipe
Can I use different candy in this apple salad?
The best part of this apple salad is the way the apples and caramel bit go with the Twix candy. Even though I love the Twix candy combination, you can honestly use any candy that you think pairs well with it. Caramel based candy bars work well with the caramel bites in this recipe, but you can play with flavors and come up with a combination you like that is different.
If you want to use something peanut butter, you can replace the Twix with Reeses and then replace the caramel bits with peanut butter chips. You can go with just chocolate and use a chocolate bar and chocolate chips. Whatever candy you like with the apple flavors, you can use in this recipe.
I love using leftover candy bars in recipes. Especially after holidays like Halloween. I don’t have to worry about kids getting a tummy ache from eating too much all at once, and the candy won’t go to waste.
Have you tried Candy Bar Cheesecake Bars? It combines the great taste of cheesecake with candy bars. It is another great way to use candy to make a delicious dessert even better.
Tips for cutting candy bars
When cutting candy bars, you want to make sure the candy bars are on a hard surface like a cutting board. Cut the candy into small pieces, about the size of 2 or 3 chocolate chips together. This is a great size. It is small enough to be bite-sized and fit into the same bite with some apple and cool whip, but big enough that you know you are getting a bite of Twix.
Protip: Freeze the candy bars ahead of time so they cut with clean edges. This prevents the chocolate from crumbling or the caramel from oozing out.
- Twix candy bars
- Caramel Bites
- Granny Smith Apples
- Gala Jazz Apples
- Cool Whip Tub
- Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Caramel Topping
- whole milk
How to make Twix apple dessert salad
First, prep the apples and the Twix bars. Cut them into small bite-sized pieces and set aside. Keep a few pieces of the apples, Twix and Caramel bits aside to use as a garnish at the end of the recipe.
Twix Caramel Apple Salad
- Large bowl
- 1 bag snack size Twix candy bars
- 1/4 C Caramel Bites extra for garnish
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Gala Jazz Apples
- 16 oz Cool Whip Tub
- 5 oz Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 container Caramel Topping
- 1/2 C whole milk
- Prep: Cut apples in to bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Prep: Chop twix bars into small pieces. Set aside.
- Set aside a few apple pieces to the side for garnish.
- Set aside some twix small pieces to the side garnish.
- Set aside extra caramel bites for garnish.
- In a large bowl add the whole milk, pudding mix, and cool whip tub. Whisk to combine. Continue to whisk until the pudding powder has been completely blended.
- Begin adding in the apple pieces, Stir to combine.
- Add the twix pieces into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup of caramel bites into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Garnish the top of the salad with more apple pieces, caramel bites, and twix pieces.
- Drizzle the top of the salad with the caramel sauce.
- Cover and transfer the salad to the refrigerator to chill for 1 -2 hours.