If you love Red Velvet cake and cake bars, you are going to be in love. These Red Velvet Cake Balls are delicious, bite-sized cake pops, they are perfect to enjoy or make for Valentine’s Day or any occasion. These are especially perfect for children to enjoy like a lollipop, but cake.
Red Velvet Cake Balls
These amazing Red Velvet Cake Balls are so good! These cake balls don’t take many ingredients to make and are super simple to follow along with. These little bite-sized cakes will be made in no time and will be great for birthday parties, dessert buffets, and more. If your friends and family crazy about red velvet, be sure to try Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe (3-ingredients), Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes, and Red Velvet Muffins
- Cake Mix- You will need to use a confetti cake mix for this recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Vanilla- Use pure vanilla for the best results.
- Sprinkles- Use Valentines Day and Heart-Shaped sprinkles for this recipe.
- Melting Chocolate- I like to use white and milk chocolate when making these cake balls.
How to Make Red Velvet Cake Balls
Put the cake mix, sugar, flour, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
Slice your butter into cubes and place it into the large bowl with the cake mix.
Mix the ingredients using your fingers or a fork to form into a dough.
Mix in the Confetti sprinkles.
Scoop the dough into your hands using a small ice cream scooper and roll it into a ball.
Continue that step until all the rest of the dough is used.
Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
Dip your rolled dough into the melted chocolate.
Make sure the dough ball is completely coated using a fork and put onto a cookie sheet.
Sprinkle some of the Heart-Shaped Confetti on top of the melted chocolate before it hardens.
Continue this step until all the dough balls are used.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Dip These in Different Chocolates?
You can use other chocolates to coat the outside. Sometimes I make it with a milk chocolate coating in order to give it a different flavor. You can also use dark chocolate if you choose.
Do Cake Balls Need Refrigeration?
This Red velvet cake balls will not need to be placed in the fridge. If this recipe were to use cream cheese to hold the ingredients together then, it would have needed to be placed in the fridge. Storing your recipe in the fridge will however last longer.
More Cake Ball Recipes
- Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls
- Peppermint Oreo Balls
- Baileys Chocolate Balls With Nuts Truffles
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Balls
Red Velvet Cake Balls
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, sugar, flour, and vanilla
- Cut the butter into cubes and add into the same bowl
- Using a fork or your fingers, work the mixture into a cookie dough texture
- Add the Valentine’s Day Confetti sprinkles and mix until combined
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some dough and using your hands, roll into balls
- Repeat steps until all dough are gone
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate
- Dip the dough ball into the chocolate
- Using a fork, completely coat the ball into the chocolate and place it onto the cookie sheet
- Quickly Sprinkle some Heart Shaped Confetti sprinkles on top
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining dough balls
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 Cookies sheet fitted with a silicone mat or wax paper