Peppermint Oreo Balls
Are you looking for a recipe that is simple and quick to make? One that tastes like it just came out of a bakery? These Peppermint Oreo Balls are a great choice to share with friends and family. And, if you need an easy treat or dessert, this is perfect for the hectic holidays if you couldn’t quite get a dish to make in time.
Peppermint Oreo Balls
These Oreo Cheesecake Truffles are so good! Simply made with Oreos, cream cheese, salt, and a twist of peppermint extract. Similar to our 3-ingredient Chocolate Oreo Balls, but with peppermint. All of these ingredients are blended together and rolled into spheres and dipped in delicious melted dark chocolate. These truffles will just melt in your mouth and may just become your favorite Christmas candy recipe.
Truffles are bite-sized pieces of heaven; at least I think so. They are a perfect addition to any holiday table or really any event at all. Since they don’t require silverware, people can walk around and mingle while noshing on these lovely little confectionary desserts. If you are planning an upcoming get-together or just want to make some of these little treats for your family, I have a couple of other recipes you will want to consider making. Have you ever had a White Chocolate Orange Creamsicle Truffle before? If no, you must. They are divine! My Bailey’s Chocolate Balls with Nuts are out of this world! If simpler flavors of truffles are what your family prefers, I have the perfect recipe for you! My Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles!
- Oreos- You will need about 36 regular Oreos for this recipe.
- Cream cheese- This will need to be softened or at room temperature.
- Peppermint extract- Be sure to use pure peppermint for the best flavoring.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Chocolate- You will use the melting wafers for this recipe.
- Peppermint pieces- These will need to be crushed into pieces.
How to make Peppermint Oreo Balls
Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until it becomes fine crumbs.
Put in the cream cheese, extract, and salt, and pulse again until fully incorporated. The mixture will become thick and sticky.
Use 2 tablespoons or a medium-sized cookie scoop to put the mixture into your hands to form into balls.
Arrange the balls onto the prepared sheet and let them chill for about 15-30 minutes.
Use a small bowl, add the melting wafers and melt in 30-second intervals, and mix between each one until smooth and fully melted.
Dip the chilled balls into the melted chocolate and use a spoon and fork to coat the whole ball in the chocolate.
Put back onto the sheet pan.
Sprinkle crushed peppermint on top or use sprinkles and do this quickly before the chocolate begins to harden.
Serve and Enjoy!
Peppermint Oreo Truffles Do Truffles Have to Be Refrigerated?
You only need to put things in the fridge when they have perishable ingredients in them. This Oreo Truffle does indeed have an ingredient that needs to be placed in the fridge. The cream cheese is what makes the recipe not be able to be kept at room temperature for a long period of time.
Tips for Rolling Truffles
There is one simple way to roll the truffles into balls. There are not too many different ways to do it other than this. Use a scooper or tablespoon to grab some of the dough and roll it in your hands, this is probably the fastest and most accurate way to do it.
MORE TRUFFLE RECIPES
- Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles
- Animal Cookie Truffles
- Oreo Gingerbread Truffles
- Mickey Mouse Snowman Truffles
Peppermint Oreo Balls
- 14 ounce package Oreos 36 regular Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces chocolate melting wafers
- Crushed peppermint pieces
- Add the Oreos to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb forms.
- Add in the cream cheese, peppermint extract, and salt and pulse until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Use a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture and roll into balls. Place the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet and then chill for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Melt the melting wafers in a small bowl on 30-second intervals, stirring between each on until fully melted.
- Use a spoon and fork to dip and coat the balls, then transfer back to the parchment paper to set completely.
- Top with sprinkles or crushed peppermint pieces before the chocolate sets.