Carrot Cookies are the best dessert for anyone who is a fan of carrot cake. They are so similar to the cake, but in a handheld treat!
Using carrots for desserts sounds so backwards — a vegetable in a sweet treat? But those of us that have tried it, know just how delicious it can be. We just adore making Carrot Cupcakes and love our Carrot Cake Cheesecake. After you make these cookies, go check them out!
These cookies are moist and delicious and topped with a yummy homemade cream cheese frosting to drizzle on top. The ingredients in these remind me so much of fall, because they’re full of cinnamon and nutmeg. When that smells hits my kitchen it makes me so happy!
There are however, a few ingredients that you may omit if they aren’t your favorites. I love all of them, but if you want to or need to, you can leave out the raisins, pecans or coconut.
Cream Cheese Icing
After you make this icing once, you will find yourself making it more and more. It’s very easy to do and tastes great on so many other recipes. I end up adding it to all sorts of cookies and brownies.
All you need is four ingredients: powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Just mix those together in a bowl and drizzle on top. So simple!
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C chopped shredded carrots
- 3/4 C unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 C raisins
- 2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 tsp whole milk
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 squeeze bottle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined after each egg
- Beat in the vanilla until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Fold in the carrot, coconut, raisins and oatmeal with a rubber spatula until combined
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out mounds of dough onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly golden
- Allow to cool completely before baking off the remaining cookie dough
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, powder sugar, milk and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Scoop the icing into the squeeze bottle
- Drizzle icing over cooled cookies and sprinkle with chopped pecans
- Allow the icing to harden for 1 hour before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.