You will fall in love with this delicious Strawberry Crunch Cake! Soft, crunchy, fluffy, and more will make the first bite of this dessert incredible. Just like the beloved Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Bar in the form of a cake.
Strawberry Crunch Cake
Strawberry Crunch Cake is so good! This cake is a great combination of soft and crunchy! Strawberry Crunchy Cake is not only delicious but simple and easy to make. Strawberry flavoring adds a fresh and sweet flavor to any dessert, so if you’re looking for more strawberry recipes be sure to make this Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cake or this Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Cake.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Cake Mix– You will need strawberry cake mix for this recipe.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Milk– Use whole or 2% milk.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Brown Sugar– This will add richness to the cake.
- Flour– Use cake flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder– Use this to allow the recipe to rise in the oven.
- Salt– Use this to bring the flavors out in the recipe.
- Oil– Use canola oil or vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Vanilla– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Powder– Use freeze-dried strawberry powder.
- Powdered Sugar– This sugar is best for homemade icing.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Use this to help with the consistency of the dessert.
How to Make Strawberry Crunch Cake
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam baking spray to grease (3) 9-inch round cake pans.
First, add the cake mix, eggs, butter, and milk into a bowl and beat using a hand mixer until smooth and combined.
Secondly, separate the batter between the 3 prepared pans.
Thirdly, add the pans into the oven for 25 minutes to bake or until a tester toothpick place in the center comes out clean of batter.
Next, allow the cakes to sit and cool thoroughly.
To start, add all of the frosting ingredients into a standing mixer and combine until smooth and stiff with peaks.
To begin, set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet.
First, add the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt into a standing mixer and combine.
Secondly, add in the oil and vanilla slowly until it forms a crumble.
Thirdly, arrange and spread out the crumble onto the prepared pan and place it into the oven to bake for 8 minutes.
Next, allow the crumble to cool thoroughly.
In addition, crumble the mixture a bit more into bite-sized pieces and place half of the crumble into a bowl.
Furthermore, add the freeze-dried strawberries into the bowl and combine.
To finish, add the remaining crumble into the mixture and combine.
Assembling the cake:
To start, take the prepared cakes out of the pan.
First, cut the domes off of the cakes using a cake-leveler.
Secondly, add 2 C of the prepared frosting onto the first layer and spread out evenly using a spatula.
Thirdly, put the second cake on top and repeat the same step with the frosting layer.
Next, add the last cake layer on top and use the rest of the frosting to coat the entire cake.
In addition, use the pre-made crumble to coat the entirety of the cake.
Finally, put the cake in the fridge to allow the recipe to harden.
Serve and Enjoy!
Do I Have to Refrigerate a Strawberry Crunch Cake?
No, this Strawberry Crunch Cake does not need to be placed in the fridge. Although, placing the recipe in the fridge will allow the recipe to last longer. So, for the best way to store it, you will need to place it into an airtight container.
Is It Hard to Make the Crumb Coating?
No, it is very simple and easy to make crumb coating for this recipe. For this recipe, you will only need a few ingredients to make the crumb coating. You will be needing sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, oil, vanilla, and freeze-dried strawberry powder.
More Cake Recipes:
Strawberry Crunch Cake
- 2 boxes of strawberry cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 2 C milk
- 1 C Sugar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1 ⁄2 C cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ⁄2 C canola oil
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄2 C freeze-dried strawberry powder
- 2 C unsalted butter softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 3 9in round cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cake mix, eggs, butter, and milk together until combined and
- Divide evenly between the three pans
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients until combined, smooth and stiff with peaks
Cake Crumble Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Gradually mix the oil and vanilla into the mixture
- Continue to mix until crumble mixture forms
- Spread onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes
- Allow the mixture to cool
- Crumble into bite-size pieces
- Divide half the mixture into a bowl
- Using the half in the bowl, mix in the freeze-dried strawberries
- Mix the rest of the crumble mix together then set aside
Building the cake:
- Remove the cakes from the pans onto the cake boards
- Using a cake leveler, remove the tops of the cakes to create an even layer
- Using one cake layer, scoop 2 C of frosting onto the cake layer and smooth evenly
- Place the second cake layer on top and repeat the frosting step
- Place the third layer on top of the frosting and using the remaining frosting, frost the entire cake
- Use the crumble mixture to completely coat the entire cake
- Place the cake in the fridge and allow it to harden before cutting and enjoying!
- 3 round 9in cake pans
- 3 10in round cake board