Chicken Minis are a Chick Fil A Copycat Recipe with crispy and tender chicken on a warm honey butter dinner roll with your choice of dipping sauce.
Mini Chicken Sliders
These sliders are so simple to make and make the perfect bite-sized appetizer or dinner for any day of the week. Even the pickiest of eaters will love this recipe! If you are a fan of chicken nuggets or have little ones, this mini chicken sandwiches are a great choice for you.
You will also love our Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets Copycat recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken: You will need chicken breast for this recipe, but any other boneless cut of chicken can work as long as it can be made into nugget size.
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour and powdered sugar to make a sweet, crispy, and crunchy outside.
- Pickle Juice: This will be combined with the milk to make a sort of marinade to dip the chicken into.
- Butter: You will combine this with the honey to brush on top of the dinner rolls for flavor and to make them golden brown.
- Dinner Rolls: I prefer using Sister Schubert’s Dinner Yeast Rolls for this recipe, but any kind will work if you don’t have them. These rolls can be found in the frozen section.
How To Make Chicken Minis
- Add the flour and powdered sugar into a large bowl and combine until fully incorporated. In another bowl, add the milk and pickle juice and combine. Place the chicken onto a cutting mat and season with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into nugget-sized pieces. Pour the oil into a deep fryer or deep heavy bottomed skillet. Cook the oil on medium-high heat until hot.
- Prepare the chicken by arranging the prepared ingredients in a line by the deep fryer as follows: chicken on the mat, the milk/pickle juice mixture, and the flour. Put the chicken pieces into the milk mixture and then directly into the flour mixture. Using a slotted spoon, add a few of the dipped chicken pieces onto the spoon and ease them into the hot oil before frying for 8-10 minutes until light brown. Add the fried chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked. While you are doing this, you can prepare the dinner rolls per the directions on the packaging.
- Once the rolls are ready, take them out of the oven and onto a heat-safe surface. Add the butter and honey into a small heat-proof dish and melt in the microwave for about 30-seconds. Whisk to combine before brushing on top of the dinner rolls. Cut the rolls in half when the chicken is done and add a piece of cooked chicken to each roll. Serve and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! Enjoy!
What To Serve With Chicken Minis?
You can serve almost anything with these cute little chicken sliders. You can serve them with a side of pub chips, fries, any kind of salad, or just make a ton of them to eat by themselves!
Best Dipping Sauces For Chicken Minis?
These mini chicken sliders taste the best with sauces and these are our favorite:
More Copycat Recipes:
- Orange Julius (Copycat Recipe)
- Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pops (Copycat Recipe)
- Chick Fil A Frosted Lemonade (Copycat)
- Star Crunch Cookies (Copycat Recipe)
Chicken Minis (Chick-Fil-A Copycat)
- 2 large Chicken Breasts cut into Nugget size pieces
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pickle Juice
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 cups Oil for the Deep Fryer or Skillet
- 1/2 stick Butter Melted
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 package Sister Schubert's Dinner Yeast Rolls in the Frozen section
- In a large bowl, combine the Flour and Powdered Sugar, and stir until well blended. Set aside. Place the Milk, and Pickle Juice in a bowl, stir and set aside with the Flour mixture. On a cutting Mat, place the Chicken Breasts, and sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Cut into Nugget-sized pieces.
- Place the Oil in your Deep Fryer, or in a deep heavy bottomed Skillet, and heat on Medium High, until hot. Place the Chicken on the Mat, the bowl of the Milk mixture, and the Flour mixture close to the Deep Fryer or Skillet. Dip the Chicken Nuggets in the Milk Mixture, and then in the Flour.
- Place a few of the Dipped pieces on a large slotted Spoon, or Fryer spatula, and lower them into the hot Oil. Fry for about 8 – 10 minutes, or until the pieces are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Continue until all the Chicken Nuggets have been cooked.
- While you’re frying the Chicken Nuggets, heat the Dinner Rolls. Follow package directions. When Rolls are heated, remove them from the oven, and place them on a heat-proof surface. In a small dish, place the Butter, and Honey, and heat in the microwave until the Butter is melted. (About 30 seconds) Stir to combine, and brush the Honey-butter on the tops of the Rolls.
- When all the Nuggets are cooked, cut the Rolls in half, and place a Nugget on each half of the Rolls. Serve with BBQ Sauce, Honey, or other favorite Dipping Sauces, and your favorite sides.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.