If your family loves heading to Chick-Fil-A as much as mine, you are probably looking for the best Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets recipe and now you have found it!
Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
Chick Fil A is a staple here in the South. Here is an easy way to make their delicious Chicken Nuggets for a fraction of the in-store price. You can serve these nuggets with our delicious Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce.
One of the top secrets about these nuggets is that they marinate the chicken in pickle juice to keep the chicken moist and give it an amazing taste. We just pour the juice from a jar of pickles, but you can buy a bottle of just the pickle juice on Amazon.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Chicken – you will need chicken breasts cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Pickle juice – this marinade helps break down the tough chicken and create a juicy and flavorful chicken.
- Coating – whole milk and egg are whisked together covering the chicken.
- Peanut oil – you will use peanut oil for frying.
- Flour coating – powdered sugar is mixed with the flour for the outer coating before frying.
How To Make Chick Fil A Nuggets
Chick-Fil-A’s nuggets are different from other fast food chicken nuggets and in my opinion THE BEST! The nuggets are smaller than most, they have a bit of a sweet flavor, and the meat stays very tender and juicy. Loved by kids AND adults unlike other places which makes them extra special.
My family any everyone else that has tried this recipe says they taste just like the restaurants and they are so simple to make at home. Plus, you know exactly what ingredients you are eating.
- Combine the pickle juice and chicken and marinate.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Mix the flour and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Whisk milk and egg and gently dip the chicken in the mixture.
- Next, toss the chicken in the flour mixture until completely coated.
- With just a few pieces at a time, drop the chicken into the heated oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken onto a plate of paper towels and let the oil drip off.
- Serve with Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce.
Other Chicken Recipes You Will Love
Crock Pot Crack Chicken with Bacon
Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
- 2 chicken breast boneless cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- salt and pepper to sprinkle on
- serve with Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce
- Using a large bowl, combine the pickle juice and chicken and let marinate for 1 hour and then drain well
- Using a large skillet, heat peanut oil up
- To test to see if the oil is ready, toss in a pinch of flour and if it sizzles, its ready
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and egg
- Add in chicken and gentle toss
- Add chicken to flour and powdered sugar. Toss in the flour mixture until coated
- Add a few pieces at a time of chicken into the oil
- fry chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes
- Place cooked chicken onto a plate of paper towels and let the oil drip off
- Serve with Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
11 comments on “Chick Fil A Nuggets (Copycat Recipe)”
These were absolutely delicious! I made these with your orange chicken recipe (I didn’t want to use store bought nuggets) and better than takeout fried rice, and it was a hit. Thank you so much. The chicken was spot on, as a copycat for chick fil-a, which is awesome…because my closest is over an hour away. I had to drain a jar and a half of juice from my dill pickles though, but maybe I had small jars. This was so good!!!! I love all of your recipes. You’ve become my favorite go to.
Love this recipe! I have made it several times and everyone loves it! One question though: sometimes when I make it the breading comes off and other times it doesn’t. What mistake am I making when it comes off? That way I can make sure it comes out perfect every time! Thank you
Hi. Thank you for the feedback.
The pickle juice, from sweet or dill pickles?
Made this tonight. My kids and husband loved them! I didn’t have dill pickle juice, so I used bread and butter and it turned out great. I will definitely make sure to have dill pickle juice on hand for next time. This recipe is a keeper!
Has anyone made these. Can’t wait to try. Thank you for this luscious post
Made them last night and they were amazing, spot on in my opinion.
Thank you for the recipe. My family loved it. Marinating the chicken in dill pickle juice for an hour made all the difference. I added some garlic powder and parmesan cheese for additional flavor.
It’s probably not sweet pickle juice, just my guess
What kind of pickle juice do you use for the chicken
Sweet pickle juice or Dill pickle juice?