A tasty kid-friendly fast food has to be Chick-fil-A Nuggets. They are juicy and have a good amount of flavor and crunch on the outside. Pair these copycat chicken nuggets with our homemade chick Fil A sauce and they make a great lunch, snack, or appetizer!
Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
Chick Fil A is a staple here in the South. Here is an easy way to make their delicious Chicken Nuggets for a fraction of the in-store price. You can serve these nuggets with our delicious Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce.
One of the top secrets about these nuggets is that they marinate the chicken in a secret ingredient, pickle juice to keep the chicken moist and give it an amazing taste. We just pour the juice from a jar of pickles, but you can buy a bottle of just the pickle juice on Amazon.
The Best Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Getting takeout can get expensive if you have a family. So, it’s great when you can recreate your favorites at home for a fraction of the cost. Bonus points when it tastes just as good, too! These copycat Chick-fil-A nuggets are almost exactly like the real thing. The best part is that you can make extras for leftovers and enjoy them for a couple of days at a time. We all know that kids go crazy for chicken nuggets!
This is a very simple recipe that I make often. It’s less expensive than multiple trips to Chick-fil-A and the nuggets have so much more flavor than frozen ones from the grocery store. I promise that even the pickiest of eaters will be asking for seconds.
Love other Chick-fil-A menu items? Try making the copycat Chick-fil-A recipes for Frosted Lemonade or Chicken Minis next!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Chicken – you will need boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Pickle juice – This is the secret to the best chicken. It is used as a marinade for tenderizing and adding flavor.
- Whole Milk
- Peanut oil – you will use peanut oil for frying.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar: This is mixed with the flour for the coating. It adds a hint of sweetness.
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets
I like how simple this recipe is. Once the chicken is prepped and marinated, dip the pieces into the mixtures and fry. Since they are so small they cook so fast!
- Step 1. First, add the cubed chicken and dill pickle juice to a large bowl. Allow it to marinate for at least one hour. Drain well and pat dry if needed.
- Step 2. Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet. I turn it to medium-high heat.
- Step 3. Whisk milk and egg in a large bowl. Add the chicken and gently toss to coat the chicken pieces in the mixture.
- Step 4. Mix flour and powdered sugar in a separate bowl. Transfer the chicken to the flour mixture and lightly toss to coat.
- Step 5. Add a few pieces of chicken to the skillet at a time so it doesn’t become overcrowded. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Step 6. Line a plate with paper towels and place the cooked chicken on it to soak up excess oil.
- Step 7. Repeat this process until all of the chicken is cooked.
- Step 8. Serve with homemade Chick-fil-A sauce or your favorite dip. Enjoy
Wondering how to best enjoy these delicious Chick-fil-A nuggets? Below I have dipping sauce AND side dish recommendations. You can turn it into a complete, quick dinner if you like!
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Fry Sauce
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Easy Fried Zucchini
- Bacon Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
- KFC Coleslaw
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- French Fries: Frozen, homemade, or even sweet potato fries pair so well with these Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets.
How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftover chicken nuggets, store them in a resealable bag or other airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven or the air fryer so they crisp again.
More Fried Chicken Recipes
- Easy Popcorn Chicken
- Nashville Chicken and Waffles
- Copycat Orange Chicken
- Doritos Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- The Best Fried Chicken Recipe
Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
- 2 chicken breast boneless cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large bowl, combine the pickle juice and chicken and let marinate for 1 hour and then drain well
- Using a large skillet, heat peanut oil up
- To test to see if the oil is ready, toss in a pinch of flour and if it sizzles, its ready
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and egg
- Add in chicken and gentle toss
- Add chicken to flour and powdered sugar. Toss in the flour mixture until coated
- Add a few pieces at a time of chicken into the oil
- fry chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes
- Place cooked chicken onto a plate of paper towels and let the oil drip off
- Serve with Homemade Chick Fil A Sauce.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.