O-M-G You have to try this Chocolate Cherry Fudge to believe it. This recipe is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without sacrificing any of the flavors. The cherry and chocolate are a classic combination that never disappoints! The glorious taste of chocolate, the sweetness of a cherry, and the smoothness of fudge- it’s a heavenly combination.
Chocolate Cherry Fudge
If you love dipping fruit into chocolate, then you are for sure going to fall in love with this Chocolate Covered Cherry Fudge. This recipe is a delicious combination of flavors with a soft and chewy fudge texture. This recipe along with others like this White Chocolate Cherry Fudge or this Maple Walnut Fudge Recipe is great for parties, picnics, or together on a dessert buffet table.
- Chocolate Chips– You will need milk chocolate and white chocolate chips.
- Frosting– You will need chocolate frosting and Cherry Frosting for this recipe.
- Cherries– You will need Maraschino cherries for this recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Fudge
To start, use parchment paper to line a 9-inch square pan.
First, in a medium bowl, add in the white chocolate chips, then in another bowl, add the chocolate chips.
Secondly, place each bowl into the microwave and heat for 3 minutes making sure to mix every 30 seconds until melted.
Thirdly, open each of the frostings and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds each.
Next, place each of the frostings into separate bowls and mix vigorously.
In addition, add the frostings into the prepared pan alternating between each one, then evenly settle in the pan by shaking it.
Furthermore, set out a piece of paper towel and place the cherries on top, then cover with another sheet, then use your hands or a flat-bottomed glass to gently release the juice.
To finish, place the cherries on the fudge however you desire, then chill in the fridge for 3 hours or until firm.
Finally, cut into 1-inch squares and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Cherry Fudge?
Yes, you can freeze this cherry fudge. Freezing your fudge is one of the best ways to make your recipe last up to a couple of months. Before placing the recipe into the freezer, you will need to place the recipe in an airtight container.
Do I need to use food coloring for this fudge?
You will not need to add your own food coloring to this fudge. You are using frosting, in this case cherry frosting which is already tinted. If you want to make the color brighter, you would need to add more food coloring.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Fudge
- Line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the white chocolate chips in a medium bowl and place the chocolate chips in a separate medium bowl.
- Microwave each bowl for 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Remove the lid and foil from each frosting and microwave each container for 45 seconds each.
- Add the chocolate frosting to the chocolate bowl and the cherry frosting to the white chocolate bowl. Stir each bowl vigorously.
- Alternate pouring each mixture into the prepared pan.
- Shake the pan to get the mixture to settle evenly.
- Place the cherries on a paper towel and then gently lay another paper towel over the top of them and press down lightly to get some of the juices out.
- Add the cherries to the top of the fudge wherever you see fit (at random).
- Place in the fridge for 3 hours or until set.
- Slice into 1-inch squares and enjoy!