Chocolate Cherry Mice for Christmas
Chocolate Cherry Mice are the cutest Christmas treats EVER! A chocolate covered cherry with an added Hershey Kiss that looks like a little mouse. So much fun for the kids to make for the Holidays!
We LOVE making fun and easy Holidays treats! We have a ton of other ideas that may like including our Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels, Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Cookie Cups, and Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Trees.
Chocolate Cherry Mice
Ingredients you will need:
- chocolate chips
- Maraschino cherries
- sliced almonds
- Hershey Kisses
- white icing
- black icing
How To Make Chocolate Covered Mice
- Start out by draining and patting dry your cherries.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Dip the cherries in the melted chocolate and then place on wax paper.
4. Press on a Hershey Kiss for the head then wedge in the almond halves for the ears.
5. Add on white icing for the eyes and black icing for the pupils.
You can also add on a red hot candy to the end of the kiss for a nose and you can change out the ears using cereal, peanuts, etc…
We love these by themselves, but you can also place them on the tops of cookies or cupcakes. They make such a fun addition to any of your Holiday treats and look so cute on Christmas cookie trays.
Chocolate Christmas Mice Cookie Recipe
Make the chocolate mice as listed in the directions. Separate Oreo Cookies and attach the candy mouse onto the top of the cookie that has the cream filling on top using melted chocolate. Pipe on leaves using green frosting and a leaf tip on a piping bag. Add on 3 red hot candies on top of the leaves.
Chocolate Cherry Mice
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 20 Maraschino cherries with stems
- 20 Hershey Chocolate Kisses
- 40 sliced almonds
- 1 tube white icing
- 1 tube black icing
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together on low heat for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Holding a cherry by its stem, dip it into the chocolate and then press a chocolate kiss onto the cherry (this will be the head). Wedge almond slices between the cherry and chocolate kiss to make the ears.
- Place on wax paper until chocolate sets. Add a couple dots of white icing for eyes, then put a little black icing on top for the pupil.
LIKE THIS FUN HOLIDAY TREAT IDEA? PIN IT!