Calling all blueberry lovers! This excellent Blueberry Pancakes Recipe is going to be a great addition to your morning breakfast or for any occasion. These might just become your go to Sunday morning breakfast.
Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
This incredible Blueberry pancake recipe is so simple and easy to make. This recipe is moist and filled with sweet and tangy blueberries. This recipe has few ingredients which make it a quick dish to make. If you love pancakes, you will also love The Best Fluffy Pancakes with Make-Ahead Pancake Batter, Rainbow Funfetti Pancakes, and Eggnog Pancakes
- All-purpose flour- Use all purpose flour but self rising flour will work in a pinch.
- Granulated sugar- This adds just a touch of sweetness to the pancakes.
- Baking powder- This will allow your pancakes to rise.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your pancakes.
- Egg- use room temperature eggs for the best results.
- Milk- Be sure to use whole or 2 % milk
- Vegetable oil- Feel free to substitute with canola oil.
- Blueberries fresh or frozen- This will be for the signature blueberry flavor.
How to Make Blueberry Pancakes
In a bigger blending bowl or a measuring cup, whisk together flour, sugar, preparing powder, and salt.
Add the egg, milk, and oil, blend well.
Mix the blueberries into the batter.
Add a non-stick cooking splash to frying pan and heat to medium-high (350 degrees F).
Scoop the batter onto the skillet.
Cook until brown, around 4-5 minutes, flip and cook on the opposite side until browned.
Serve quickly with margarine, syrup, powdered sugar, or blueberry sauce.
Do I Use Fresh or Frozen Blueberries?
I like to use fresh pancakes for this recipe. If you do not have fresh and only have frozen blueberries on hand, you can use them, but be sure to let them thaw completely. Try to dry them as best as possible so that it does not have create too much moisture in the batter.
Can I Make These Ahead and Freeze for Later?
You can make a large batch of blueberry pancakes and after you have cooked them, you can store them in the refrigerator or the freezer. I like to keep them in the freezer and reheat them in the microwave each morning. This is a great way to have blueberry pancakes whenever you want them.
More Blueberry Recipes
- Mini Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake Bites
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Beautiful Lemon Blueberry Meringue Pie
- Blueberry Orange Bread Recipe
Best Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add egg, milk and oil, mix well
- Stir blueberries into batter
- Add non-stick cooking spray to griddle and heat to medium-high (350 degrees F)
- Scoop batter onto hot griddle
- Cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes, flip and cook on other side until brown
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or blueberry sauce