Cheesy Baked Bacon Spaghetti
For a delicious dinner in a snap, make Cheesy Baked Bacon Spaghetti! We absolutely love this pasta dish for its creamy sauce, filled with bacon and cheese, ready to eat in just 30 minutes.
Cheesy Bacon Spaghetti
When you’re hearing, “what’s for dinner?” for what seems like the hundredth time this week, make this easy Cheesy Bacon Baked Spaghetti recipe. We really enjoyed this dish, not only because it was so simple to make, but also because it was delicious! This is the kind of meal the whole family will love.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cheesy Bacon Baked Spaghetti (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Milk – we used whole milk, but 2% would work well too.
- Cream of chicken soup – you’ll need one can of condensed cream of chicken soup.
- Chive and onion cream cheese – you’ll find this flavor of cream cheese with the other cream cheeses. It will be in a tub. You can use the regular or whipped.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Spaghetti – use regular, uncooked spaghetti noodles. The pasta will actually cook right in the sauce!
- Mozzarella cheese – half of the cheese will be mixed into the pasta and sauce. The other half will be sprinkled on top of the pasta before it is baked.
- Bacon – cook a pound of bacon until crispy before you make this recipe.
- Green onion – a chopped green onion sprinkled over top of the baked spaghetti adds color and a little more flavor.
Making Cheesy Bacon Baked Spaghetti
Combine the milk, cream of chicken soup, onion and chive cream cheese, and seasonings in a large pot and heat over medium heat until the sauce boils. Note: the cream cheese will not immediately stir into the sauce. It will melt slowly and then can be whisked in until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add them to the sauce. Stir well so the pasta doesn’t stick together. All this to simmer for 8 minutes.
The spaghetti will cook in the sauce. It may not be fully done by the end of the 8 minutes, but it will continue to cook in the next steps.
Add half of the mozzarella cheese and about 3/4 of the bacon.
Stir the bacon and cheese into the pasta until the cheese is melted.
Pour the pasta into a greased 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Top the the remaining cheese and bacon, plus one chopped green onion.
Bake the pasta for 14-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
What Should I Serve with the Cheesy Bacon Baked Spaghetti?
- Garlic bread, bread sticks, or fresh Italian bread with butter
- Steamed or oven roasted vegetables, such as green beans, broccoli, or brussels sprouts
More Delicious and Easy Dinner Recipes You Will Love
- Chicken and Broccoli Crescent Roll Ring
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Cheesy Bacon Baked Spaghetti
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can (10.5 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce container chive and onion flavored cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti broken in half
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled, divided
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To a large pot, add the milk, cream of chicken soup, chive and onion cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture comes to a boil and the cream cheese is melted into the sauce. Add the uncooked spaghetti. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add about 3/4 of the bacon (reserve the rest to sprinkle on top later) and 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Stir well.
- Pour the spaghetti and sauce into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese over the top, then top with the reserved bacon and the chopped green onion.
- Bake at 400F for 14-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Cool slightly before serving.