Chocolate Flourless Cookies are the perfect dessert to make when you’re craving dessert but realize you’re all out of flour! These chocolate cookies are delicious and really easy to make.
If you like cookies you have certainly come to the right place. We have so many amazing recipes here!
Chocolate Flourless Cookies
For a long time, I had no idea you could make yummy chocolate cookies without any flour. To me, besides the chocolate, that was the top ingredient! I learned how to make these and now I know just how delicious a cookie can be without that kitchen staple.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Powdered sugar: The powdered sugar in these cookies replaces the flour and acts as the base for the flourless cookies
- Egg whites: Eggs whites are used to bring the entire cookie together. Because there are different amounts of egg whites in each egg, the amount you put in each batch may differ slightly. Start by adding in 3 egg whites. If it’s still too thick to stir, add in a 4th egg white. The cookies tend to spread when baked, even with a thick batter, so you don’t want your batter to be too thin. You are looking for a brownie-like consistency.
- Peanut butter: I added the peanut butter because it is a great compliment to chocolate, and it helps to cut through the sweetness of the sugar.
- Salt: The salt helps cut through the sweetness and adds a little extra saltiness to the cookie. You can even add on flaky sea salt before or after the cookies bake for even more of a salty kick.
- Dark Chocolate: I chose to use dark chocolate for these flourless cookies because these cookies are very sweet. The dark chocolate helps to balance out the flavors of these cookies. You can also use semi-sweet or milk chocolate as well. You can even make these without the chocolate. The cookies are very rich and can hold up on their own.
How do you make flourless cookies?
- Mix the ingredients. Using an electric mixer combine all your ingredients except the chocolate. The mixture won’t look exactly like normal cookies. This will be more glossy and it’s very thick.
- Add the chocolate. You only need to stir this just enough to get this combined in with the other ingredients.
- Bake. Cook these with six cookies per sheet for about 11-13 minutes. They will start to crack on the top and that’s good. These cookies spread so don’t put too many on one pan.
How long can I store flourless cookies?
You can store flourless cookies at room temperature for up to 4 days. Make sure they are stored in an airtight container. You should also be able to freeze these for up to 3 months.
Other Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients EXCEPT for chocolate chunks into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until well combined, about 1-3 minutes. Mixture should look like a thick, glossy frosting. I recommend using a stand mixture or beaters because this can be a thick batter. Start by adding in 3 egg whites. If the batter is too thick, feel free to add in a 4th egg white. It should resemble brownie-like batter consistency.
- Stir in chocolate until combined.
- Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan. I used a 2” cookie scoop for this step.
- These cookies spread quite a bit, so I wouldn’t recommend putting more than 6 cookies on one pan at a time.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes or until tops are cracked and shiny.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing them from pan, about 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.