Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies are easy to make and irresistibly delicious! These cookies combine two classic flavors into one irresistible treat. Chocolate and peanut butter fans will love these cookies!
Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies
These meltaway cookies are packed with chocolate and peanut butter flavors. They’re crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. You won’t be able to get enough of these delicious treats! Make these amazing meltaways today by following our easy step-by-step instructions. It will take less than an hour from start to finish, so you can have them ready in time for your next party or family gathering! Plus they make great gifts if you want to share this tasty treat with others. We guarantee that everyone will love them!
What are Melt-away Cookies?
Meltaway Cookies are a dessert with a lovely and unique texture to them. These cookies have a slightly sweet, and soft shortbread cookie. The texture of these cookies is so moist and delicious that they will just melt in your mouth.
What Do They Taste Like?
Chocolate Peanut butter Meltaway cookies are similar to a shortbread cookie without the eggs. These cookies are slightly sweet and have a touch of saltiness to them.
Key Ingredients in Meltaway Cookies
- Peanut Butter- You can use whatever kind of peanut butter you like. You can even use crunchy peanut butter if you like.
- Peanuts- Chop the peanuts into small pieces to top these cookies. I like to use salted peanuts so it brings in the saltiness of the peanuts.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies
Step 1- Combining the Ingredients.
In a small bowl, add in the flour, cornstarch, and salt, combine and set aside.
In a larger bowl, add in the butter and peanut butter and combine on medium speed until creamy.
Pour in the powdered sugar and combine on medium until light and fluffy. (use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed)
Step 2- Dough.
Separate the flour mixture into 3 portions and beat at medium to low speed while you add int 1 portion of the flour mixture. After each addition of the flour, combine until fully incorporated. Form the dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap, then set it in the fridge to chill for an hour.
Step 3- Baking.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet. Form 1-inch and cookie balls using a scoop and arrange them 2-inches apart onto the prepared sheet. Use a flat-bottomed glass to press the cookie balls down slightly. Set the pan into the oven for 11-13 minutes at 350 degrees until the edges are a light golden brown. Take the baking pan out of the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan before placing them on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
Step 1- Melting the chocolate.
In a small, heat-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Place the chocolate back into the microwave for another 30-seconds and repeat again until melted.
Step 2- Topping the Cookies.
Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate on top of the cookies. Add some chopped peanuts on top, serve, and enjoy!
How do I Freeze Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies?
You can place the cookies in an airtight container and use parchment paper to separate each layer of cookies. You will want to arrange them in the container so they are not touching and divided by the wax paper to keep them from sticking together.
More Peanut Butter Cookies:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaway Cookies
- 1 1/4 sticks or 19 Tbsp butter (soft)
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 C peanuts chopped
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add butter and creamy peanut butter to a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until
- creamy. Add in the powdered sugar, beating on medium speed until the combination is light and fluffy.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Divide the flour mixture into three equal parts. Beat on medium-low speed as you add in one-third of the flour mixture. Continue to beat after each addition until each addition is completely blended.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl then roll into a ball. Cover the bowl of dough with plastic wrap.
- Put in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- With a one-inch cookie, scoop make cookie balls. Using your hands make the batter into tight
- balls. Put each cookie ball on the lined sheet two inches apart. Press the cookie ball gently using the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are slightly browned.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven. Set aside to cool slightly. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Set the cookies aside to cool completely before topping.
- Add the chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe bowl. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take out and stir. Return to the microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir well. Repeat this process for one more time
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on the cookies. Top with chopped peanuts.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.